Can anyone help?

This is not a beg to be given anything for free so please dont shoot me down :)! I have been looking for land for the last year without any success i have tried everything from door knocking to letters,business cards to no avail and have now pretty much exhausted my local area within a 10 mile radius of(Dewsbury, west yorkshire) so what i am asking is if anyone local to me would be willing to consider taking me out now and again on a weekend? I know people have worked hard to gain their land and the trust of the landowner and i totally respect this but i am a genuine guy and have no interest in going behind anyones back etc im just desperate to get into the sport properly, im 32 and im into air rifles and im also insured with the BASC i have my own transport so travelling is no problem within the yorkshire area, im willing to do the driving share any costs etc also prepared to leave my rifle at home until you get to know/trust me etc, if anyone can help i would be really gratefull, thanks

Strange as it may seem you would have more luck if you had a shotgun. I don't think that Landowners have the time to study firearms development and are thus, in the majority, unaware of the usefulness of a modern PCP. If you are lucky enough to find A/ A piece of land not already spoken for and B/ In need of urgent crop protection then you will still face the biggest hurdle in the farmer not wanting someone whistling pellets around his field when he most likely has a stack of names of Shot gunners eager to take care of the problem for him-many are even willing to pay.

When you ask a farmer for shooting and get turned down have you tried enquiring about who he allows on his land, if you could tie in with one of these guys you might get a foot in the door, once your name is known and you have a good reputation in the area then things might improve. Often it's a case of who you know not what you know. Just an idea and I hope it helps. ATB.

It may pay to look up your local clay pigeon shooting club, ask if you could come along and have a look as you are interested in taking up shotgun shooting. An awful lot of pigeon shooters are shooting clays nowadays. Ask about having a go at clays and follow that up, it may pay dividends.

Jay i have sent you a PM.

If i can help you out with a bit of shooting i will gladly help you.

how do you fancy a bit of rook or pigeon shooting with shotgun under supervision.

and maybe a bit of air rifle shooting over in a corner of a field with some roosting trees while i shoot pigeons with shotgun

Reply to PM

Cheers

Daz

Edited by ThePestControllers