Best Pellets for Pigeons

Big Gnat

I know the favoured brands AA Field , JBS , Crossman etc for accuracy but for shear killing power and knocking pigeons out of trees is there anything better out there.

I get a lot of flyers ( birds ) not pellets which can fly up to 100 yds on occasion before hitting ground.

I use .22 and have been thinking about hollow points or RWS Hobbies anyone tried these for pigeons.

And just to confuse thing further my shooting buddy is about to get a .177 for the same purpose so any gen on these pellets too please !

Thanks in advance lads.

Great films , very accurate shooting !

And thats what its about , put any pellet in the right place and you will not get them flying off.

Choose a good quality domed pellet that suits your gun ( you may have to try a few ) and practice until you can put the pellet where you need it , thats practice on paper not pigeons.

The AA field diablos work well enough in my gun and accounted for these four yesterday , none flew off.

If you let us know what gun you are using you may be able to narrow the selection of pellet down

IMG_3187_zps34818817.jpg

Edited by fenboy

And thats what its about , put any pellet in the right place and you will not get them flying off.

Choose a good quality domed pellet that suits your gun ( you may have to try a few ) and practice until you can put the pellet where you need it , thats practice on paper not pigeons.

The AA field diablos work well enough in my gun and accounted for these four yesterday , none flew off.

If you let us know what gun you are using you may be able to narrow the selection of pellet down

IMG_3187_zps34818817.jpg

lovely looking rifle fenboy and nice shooting also bud

atb Evo

177 and go for head shot and you will never had a flayer if you hit target or you will have unwounded flayer if you miss.

Check my video below.

http://youtu.be/9ATKIFYfGFE

THINK CAREFULLY, it depends on were your miss lands, by definition it didn't land were intended so how do you train you pellet to only make a clean miss? Any who say the only misses they get are clean misses is fooling themselves

THINK CAREFULLY, it depends on were your miss lands, by definition it didn't land were intended so how do you train you pellet to only make a clean miss? Any who say the only misses they get are clean misses is fooling themselves

have to agree with kent ( not very often I know) he is correct in what he says , how can you guarantee a total miss ???

atb Evo

I agree, you cannot guarantee a clean miss when going for the head as it's only too easy to graze or smack it in the beak. The videos put up by Hunter 001 are admittedly very good but to me they don't look like real field shooting, more like out the window jobs. I may be wrong but just can't see how you can control everything so well in every day hunting.

I agree, you cannot guarantee a clean miss when going for the head as it's only too easy to graze or smack it in the beak. The videos put up by Hunter 001 are admittedly very good but to me they don't look like real field shooting, more like out the window jobs. I may be wrong but just can't see how you can control everything so well in every day hunting.

Without being too critical of those who post vids, who the heck might not edit out any botched up shots made

When i go roost shooting with the airgun i literally sit in a bush 30 yards from where they roost resting on an overturned feed bin, wait for them to come in a settle and then go for the headshot.. when they are coming in in 2's and 3's one of then usually obliges you with a decent target of its head.