Patience paid off

Scragrat

I managed to christen my new night vision set up tonight :yahoo:

After a 3.5 hour wait, most of the time sat watching a pair going about their business, but with no safe shot to be had. Finally the vixen moved to a position allowing me a shot where she was dropped at 220 meters.

I'll be back tomorrow night for her mate. :good:

20140405_015250_zpshhpczqth.jpg

You should have turned the vixen round. Not every one needs to know that she was feeding cubs.

Why not?

The farmer who's ducks and geese that have been going missing was pleased.

Dougy you are right, Sako 85 and sonic mod. Very happy wiyh the mod. I would highly recomend them. :good:

Its a difficult one on some permissions if you choose not to shoot them due to ethics then you stand a chance landowners will be getting someone else to. And loose that permission quite easily, and possibly your FAC. Some see starvation as a cruel way to die but then we seem to see it as an acceptable practice in health care nearly every day.

Not only pigeon shooters and fox shooters have access to this forum.

Jdog, I'm proud of what I do and the service I provide to farmers and keepers and see no reason to hide it away from anyone.

Do you see a problem when someone puts a picture of a large bag of pigeons or crows shot, no doubt leaving many young to starve in the nest?

If shooting a fox with young was illegal there would be a closed season for them. There isn't as this is vermin control, the same as shooting pigeons, crows, rabbits or rats.

Be proud of what you do and don't be affraid to show people. There are too many anti's ready to take away the things we do, don't join them by trying to hide away the facts of life in the countryside.

It is mate. I was watching a fox last night at 500 meters. Too far for a shot but I could see it walking along a hedgeline no problem.

Parkinson driver?? its Paul who loaded you at hull for Liverpool! hows the new air rifle going? have you lost all your bolts yet?? lol. Take care & keep up the good work mate. Paul