Do you really want this lot

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stolen from another site, but made me laugh :good:

A pretty little girl named Suzy was sitting on the pavement in front of her home.
Next to her was a basket containing a number of tiny creatures;
in her hand was a sign announcing FREE KITTENS.

Suddenly a line of big cars pulled up beside her.
Out of the lead car stepped a grinning man.

"Hi there little girl, I'm the leader of the Conservative Party, David Cameron.
What do you have in the basket?" he asked.

"Kittens," little Suzy said.

"How old are they?" asked Cameron.

Suzy replied, "They're so young, their eyes aren't even open yet."

"And what kind of kittens are they?"

"Conservative supporters," answered Suzy with a smile.

Cameron was delighted.
As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens.

Recognizing the perfect photo op, the two of them agreed that he should return the next day; and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.

So the next day,
Suzy was again on the pavement with her basket of "FREE KITTENS," when Cameron's motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from BBC, ITV, ABC, CNN and Sky News,

Cameras and audio equipment were quickly set up, then Cameron got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.

"Hello, again," he said,
"I'd love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away."

"Yes sir," Suzy said. "They're UKIP supporters."

Taken by surprise, David stammered, "But...but...yesterday, you told me they were Conservative SUPPORTERS."

Little Suzy smiled and said, "I know.

But today, they have their eyes open."

A pretty little girl named Suzy was sitting on the pavement in front of her home.

Cameron was delighted.

As soon as he returned to his car, he called his PR chief and told him about the little girl and the kittens.

Recognizing the perfect photo op, the two of them agreed that he should return the next day; and in front of the assembled media, have the girl talk about her discerning kittens.

So the next day,

Suzy was again on the pavement with her basket of "FREE KITTENS," when Cameron's motorcade pulled up, this time followed by vans from BBC, ITV, ABC, CNN and Sky News,

Cameras and audio equipment were quickly set up, then Cameron got out of his limo and walked over to little Suzy.

"Hello, again," he said,

"I'd love it if you would tell all my friends out there what kind of kittens you're giving away."

Taken by surprise, David stammered, "But...but...yesterday, you told me they were Conservative SUPPORTERS."

Love it :lol:

Cameron was delighted.

So the next day,

"Hello, again," he said,

The above reminded me of this.

The above reminded me of this.

I don't see anything revelatory there. I would have assumed we all knew that was the situation. But Parris makes the same mistake as the commentators he speaks about. He almost acknowledges that Ukip has come into being in response to popular demand and a frustration at the lack of political representation. They are not the ideologues, they are the response to the ideologues who the mainstream have become. Then he reverts to the party line. The Conservative party's message to those who would instinctively support it but cannot is: "we're not interested in what you want or what you think. We don't need voter input, we've already decided 'll how things shall be so put up and shut up and vote for us or you'll get Labour." That is the limit of its appeal. That's the miserable manifesto it thinks will secure a majority. Its an attitude straight out of the Gerald Ratner school of public relations: we know its ****, you know its **** but its all you're getting so get your money out.

Parris misses the target completely. He asks, just as Cameron does, how to get rid, not of Ukip, but how to get rid of public opinion. And he wonders why the "virus" keeps growing....

Edited by Gimlet

Sounds like a certain shooting body to me and I actually agree it is a sickness within the other "parties" not just Conservative but then "they" know better don't they "they" don't have to actually listen to their electorate! I have voted conservative from 18 yrs of age so iam certainly Tory disaffected. Allied to those who are disaffected from the other elected dictatorships who have landed us in this mess in the first place with their career goal they will control back into the hands of those who vote (or don't even bother to vote anymore having lost all faith in any of the political classes)

ukip supporters seem to suggest to everyone else that they have their eyes shut yet they want to vote for a party that has no manifesto or policies apart from immigration and eu membership and with little chance of getting the power to change anything ? having said that i do admire the revolutionary spirit and would welcome a referendum as would most people.

its been said they are the torys on drugs do you think they are "sorted for eu's and whizz" :lol:

Edited by overandunder2012

Well, given that it is the EU MEP elections that are forthcoming I think that EU immigration and EU membership are certainly issues of concern. The GE is a long way away and a whole other ball game.

"sorted for eu's and whizz" :good:

ukip supporters seem to suggest to everyone else that they have their eyes shut yet they want to vote for a party that has no manifesto or policies apart from immigration and eu membership and with little chance of getting the power to change anything ? having said that i do admire the revolutionary spirit and would welcome a referendum as would most people.

its been said they are the torys on drugs do you think they are "sorted for eu's and whizz" :lol:

Well, given that it is the EU MEP elections that are forthcoming I think that EU immigration and EU membership are certainly issues of concern. The GE is a long way away and a whole other ball game.

"sorted for eu's and whizz" :good:

think your right the ge is another ball game it will be interesting to see what ukips plans are for the citizens that do live here

Edited by overandunder2012

If you look at the other party's manifestos they are nothing more than vague aspirations either. Partly that's because nowadays no one releases policy details until the general election starting gun is fired in case someone else pinches them,but more so because so much of our sovereignty has been surrendered to the EU that our own elected politicians do not have the authority to make the kind of election pledges that were commonplace 30 years ago. The real lawmaking is done in Brussels.

think your right the ge is another ball game it will be interesting to see what ukips plans are for the citizens that do live here

I think the primary goal is give us a GL that actually counts for something, at present we can decide nothing much and what is decided on can be over ruled by the EU.

Why do YOU feel the percentages of those who bother to vote at all has dropped so much? I feel its because nobody delivers anything. Labour over spend, conservatives have to cut back it runs in cycles but all the time the real issues are decided elsewhere. The way you fix anything is one step at a time

I think the primary goal is give us a GL that actually counts for something, at present we can decide nothing much and what is decided on can be over ruled by the EU.

Why do YOU feel the percentages of those who bother to vote at all has dropped so much? I feel its because nobody delivers anything. Labour over spend, conservatives have to cut back it runs in cycles but all the time the real issues are decided elsewhere. The way you fix anything is one step at a time

agreed with you on that 1 less and less people bother to vote

agreed with you on that 1 less and less people bother to vote

It'll be interesting to see the turnout for this election.

On average Eu elections in the UK get a 33.5% turnout, just under half the turnout for a general election.

I can't ever remember an Eu election that's captured the public mood as much as this one, they've usually been fairly quiet, boring affairs.

I think we could be looking at an end to political apathy. Here, and across Europe.

It'll be interesting to see the turnout for this election.

On average Eu elections in the UK get a 33.5% turnout, just under half the turnout for a general election.

I can't ever remember an Eu election that's captured the public mood as much as this one, they've usually been fairly quiet, boring affairs.

I think we could be looking at an end to political apathy. Here, and across Europe.

Believe it or not the prevalent weather has a big bearing on the turn out...sad but true. :yes:

http://lwww.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11175366.WANTED__Warrant_issued_for_arrest_of_former_councillor/?ref=var_0

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/parliamentarians-likely-among-people-probed-3493732

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-27266743

http://www.brentwoodgazette.co.uk/Brentwood-Conservative-candidate-David-Bishop/story-21052924-detail/story.html

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Warrant-Labour-toilet-pervert-David-Christison/story-21042464-detail/story.html

UKIP Racist take a look at this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27272907

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/05/02/uk-bristol-tories-choose-new-mayor-after-councillor-disturbed-by-ian-mckellen-school-visit-withdraws/

Do you want me to go on Mike? Or will you get bored? Like the stuff you post on UKIP all the time? This is just a fraction of the stuff the Cons Labs and Libs are upto.

Getting boring now I will now probably most likely ignore post made from you about UKIP as you nothing new to say.

Steady on fella, you'll bust a blood vessel with all that shouting.

You've been busy though, I'll give you that.... although 2 of the articles are actually the same story....and, just to be totally fair, you should really try to find another 75 'scandals' to have a fair comparison between UKIP and the other parties.....

(No offence meant, just having a gentle dig :good:)

Poontang,

Great video,I found it really interesting. Anyone else thats interested in this topic should give it a watch! He made this speech in 2011 by the sounds of it, with that in perspective its amazing how the situation has developed to where we find ourselves in the present day.

Cheers

Edited by OJW

Poontang,

Great video,I found it really interesting. Anyone else thats interested in this topic should give it a watch! He made this speech in 2011 by the sounds of it, with that in perspective its amazing how the situation has developed to where we find ourselves in the present day.

Cheers

Glad you enjoyed it.

Dan Hannan is a very good speaker. This one is particularly interesting, especially the part where Leon Brittan lets slip that the political elite have known all along that the 'common market' was 'much more than just a trading agreement.

Shame they never let the British people into their dirty little secret in the 1975 referendum.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Dan Hannan is a very good speaker. This one is particularly interesting, especially the part where Leon Brittan lets slip that the political elite have known all along that the 'common market' was 'much more than just a trading agreement.

Shame they never let the British people into their dirty little secret in the 1975 referendum.

Hannan it should be remembered is not a professional politician. He is by profession a writer and journalist and it shows. He entered politics out of conscience. Few people are better qualified to identify the moral and intellectual decay in our political system and few can articulate it more lucidly. Anti-Ukip dummy-spitters whose favourite rhetorical weapon is to hurl the word "fascist" or "racist" at anyone who holds different views to their own should listen very carefully to what he has to say about moral absolutism and how dangerous are those who use it to silence others. I'm amazed Cameron hasn't thrown him out of the party for speaking truth unto power. Cameron likes power but is less keen on truth.

And the same goes for his predecessors. To be fair, the architects of the European Project (to give it its proper name) back in the 1950's never made any secret of their ultimate objective which was the dissolution of nation states and the creation of a centrally controlled pan-continental superstate. It was national governments who did the lying on their behalf or at best maintained an embarrassed silence for fear of unleashing a political storm in which they might be casualties. For generations we have been governed by people who have suppressed the truth and lied outright for the sake of their careers. And now its us who are the moral degenerates for finding them out.

Edited by Gimlet