Benelli Super Nova - Shells Not Ejecting

ab1964

A few questions for those who may know.

After much deliberation on which FAC pump shotgun to buy for them Pigeons and other pests on the farm - I purchased a brand new Benelli Super Nova Pump last week.

Last night I took it out for the first time. The good news is my first shot and second shot was a hit, felling a wood pigeon and a jackdaw. Bad news is it jammed each time. First time the slide came back only about an inch. The rest of the shell seemed to be stuck in the chamber. Had to take the barrel off to remove the shell.

On the second shot the empty shell fell down - falling on top - of the new shell coming up. Obviously it jammed as the slide moved forward with the empty shell on top of the new shell. It appears the fired shell is not gripped tightly enough, and falls downward before hitting the ejector bar. I cycled the gun to empty it, and each shell fell downward - instead of - ejecting to the right and out.

So my questions are:

1) Has anyone any experience with this kind of malfunction?

2) Is there something I'm missing or should have done before the first shot? I read the manual. Besides putting on the barrel, there were no other assembly instructions.

3) As this is the first new gun I've purchased that has a problem out of the box - what's the normal procedure? Does it go back to the dealer? Or am I going to have to deal with the GMK warranty folks?

I'm going to ring the dealer today, but if any one has any insight or thoughts, I'm all ears.

65mm shells?

Yes: HB Pigeon 32g with 6 shot

I`m sure you`ve already done this,but, if the cartridge appears to be sticking in the chamber, did you degrease the inside of the barrel and the other relevent moving parts associated with the bolt mechanism?

Hope you get it fixed. Otherwise they`re good guns.

Short answer is NO; I'll get to it this evening

They are good guns, apart from the 2 common faults which mine had both of!!

1. Cartridges dropping out the bottom when cycled instead of feeding into the chamber, caused by a sticking load gate.

2. Trigger sticks in the pulled position after firing.

Edited by phaedra1106

Guest cookoff013

its the 65mm shells, thats the ejection issue.

its uses spring tension for the ejection. the longer shells get alittle more tension on the spring to eject with authority. the parts i`m talking about are in th main body opposite the ejection port. put in chamber a 70mm fired case, and eject, then a 65mm one. and do the same.

in the manual it says to use 70mm minimum.

it is even worse with new unused 65mm shells,

They are good guns, apart from the 2 common faults which mine had both of!!

1. Cartridges dropping out the bottom when cycled instead of feeding into the chamber, caused by a sticking load gate.

2. Trigger sticks in the pulled position after firing.

Ya had those problems sorted easily enough with yours though Jeff