Underlever Rifles

jam1e

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taurus do some interesting stuff. I would hunt with one of them revolver type carbimes but the home office wont let as the bullets shot from them are pure evil or something like that.

Some good videos on you tube.

U.

Aye...but off topic a little, as them Taurus things are RevolverCarbines, not underlevers....

If we gonna change tack midstream I'll get all uppity & post pics of my Italian made revolver carbine B)

Aye...but off topic a little, as them Taurus things are RevolverCarbines, not underlevers....

If we gonna change tack midstream I'll get all uppity & post pics of my Italian made revolver carbine B)

Post away Mr B)

And if we fussing over terminology.....leveractions B)

I'm back off to my local rfd tomorrow for a few bits, and to have another look at that Henry! Although due to an unforeseen bill coming through the post, it'll have to be on the back burner at the moment..... :sad1:

Very nice and very hard to get hold of mate

Hard? Not really, I just open the safe & reach in for it.... :lol:

Nice rabbit gun sir.

Not got any rabbits here, but a couple of the guinea pigs like using it on club guest days - downloaded with gallery loads to cut down on recoil of course - coz they're on the small size

My mates got a Winchester trapper nice slick rifle preferred it to a marlin I had ejects from top rather than side but it doesn't seem to be an issue

MOST of the modern Trappers are Angle Eject - so while they sort of eject from the top, they do so at an angle that avoids hitting a fitted scope.

The original 94s ejected straight up - so empties would hit the scope and bounce back into the action causing a jam.

My Trapper is very nice, just need a 357 companion for it - missed that one on here the other week for £180!! :no:

Mine has been slicked up somewhat following the online tutorials - so has had most springs lightened, a couple of areas polished, etc.

Just have to get around to free-floating the barrel

Hard? Not really, I just open the safe & reach in for it.... :lol:

Not got any rabbits here, but a couple of the guinea pigs like using it on club guest days - downloaded with gallery loads to cut down on recoil of course - coz they're on the small size

MOST of the modern Trappers are Angle Eject - so while they sort of eject from the top, they do so at an angle that avoids hitting a fitted scope.

The original 94s ejected straight up - so empties would hit the scope and bounce back into the action causing a jam.

My Trapper is very nice, just need a 357 companion for it - missed that one on here the other week for £180!! :no:

Mine has been slicked up somewhat following the online tutorials - so has had most springs lightened, a couple of areas polished, etc.

Just have to get around to free-floating the barrel

I did the free floating thing on a 94 once. It made no difference at all!

What I have found how ever is (may of mentioned it!) if the lever is still loading the bolt pin that attaches it to the bolt it can be detrimental to grouping!

The rising lug should take over in the last fraction and the link pin become neutral.

It is awkward to detect as the trigger interlock is pushing on the lever but if one can isolate the interlock and there is any hint of the lever wanting to pop open it is quite possibly due to the link and pin being under load still.

A small chainsaw file is all that is required on the lever link eye , just work out which part of the hole on the lever needs relieving.

U :good: