Do I need to add anything to my FAC to reload?

Do I need to have any thing added on my FAC to reload for the centre fire rifles I have on there. I will not be using black powder at this stage

Also do I need any special storage facities for the component parts. (Un loaded brass, bullet heads, primers.) I know assembled rounds need to be stored separately to my rifled locked in either the internal box in my safe or a separate ammo safe.

Once a round is assembled i.e case, primer, propellant and bullet, does it come under restrictions of a FAC otherwise store where you want. Personally I prefer to keep all the flammables spread round the place so should it be ignited there is less chance of a mass explosion.

One other thing to keep in mind. Expanding bullets are considered the same as fully viable cartridges and therefore need to be secure (stupid aspect of the law!)

Guest cookoff013

It may help if you keep a list of all the home loads made. You do not have to do this,but when you try and justify holding more, it will help.

Your feo might be confused as why you are not using / buying bullets. Tell them you are a home loader.

Have fun,

Depends where you live but in west yorks an expanding bullet on is its own is classed as a full round, in Manchester it doesn't become a round until it's is made up.

Likewise you can buy expanding in manchester bullets for reloading and it won't be entered on your fac but in west yorks it is

Crazy world

Edited by Peskyfoxs

I like I stoke on Trent and started to do a lot of reloading for me and my dad and brought alot of .38 special brass so will not need to buy factory ammo for quite a while so were do I stand regarding showing use for the caliber? Also was told that sum forces class a primed case as a complete round even if no powder or head were as sum forces don't ?

Maybe keep reciepts for bullets/powder ?

To be honest,it isnt really necessary.When an FEO comes round on renewal or variation he or she will mark your file as being a homeloader and you wont need to prove why you havent got any or very little ammunition purchases on your certificate.Firearms licenising are not your enemy.

Also, all bullets you might buy for reloading, counts towards your maximum allowance.

NOPE...Just the expanding Section 5 bullets

That's true of expanding bullets but not for target bullets. However some rfd still insist on entering target bullets on the fac.

Proves that "some RFD" don't know the law. ONLY loaded ammunition or restricted bullets are to be entered onto an FAC

I always enter what I load on my license so that they know how many rounds I am going through and where they are coming from.

Good one; apart from the ONLY time you are legally allowed to write on your own FAC is when you sign it.

Just keep receipts and/or a reloading log instead

Surely counting up the loaded bullets is pointless as they're allready on your ticket. Unless of course it's target ammo.

Er, ??? Are you talking about buying bullet jackets for swaging; as ALL the bullets I've seen were loaded with lead/were solid core.

2nd thoughts, you call a loaded round of ammunition a bullet. Cool...try to keep up...

Depends where you live but in west yorks an expanding bullet on is its own is classed as a full round, in Manchester it doesn't become a round until it's is made up.

Likewise you can buy expanding in manchester bullets for reloading and it won't be entered on your fac but in west yorks it is

Crazy world

Manchester MUST be crazy as that practice is against Home Office rules AND also against BASC guidance.

Expanding is entered in Staffordshire.

Stupid country!

As is the law of the land (at present)

I like I stoke on Trent and started to do a lot of reloading for me and my dad and brought alot of .38 special brass so will not need to buy factory ammo for quite a while so were do I stand regarding showing use for the caliber? Also was told that sum forces class a primed case as a complete round even if no powder or head were as sum forces don't ?

Never heard of this one, which forces? NOT a legal requirement, nor COULD it ever be under current law, as ANYONE can buy blank ammunition without a FAC/SGC

Seems to be a lot of confusion in some areas of the UK.

I guess reading is out of vogue for some people - whereas RFDs, and to some extent shooters, would be very well served to read the Home Office guidance as it relates to gun use & ownership.

Stops mistakes that may well lead to loss of certificates/trade/liberty

I haven't had any components entered on my license and I use expanding and target bullets. My license has been away 4-5 times since I started loading and entering it on the license myself, and no one has said a thing. The last time my license came back there was a note in saying that if I wanted to up my ammo purchase limit I just had to ask.

Saddler, I apologise if you didn't get what I was trying to get across, but thought being as clever as you are you would have.

Maybe I am wrong on both counts.

Again.

Bullets as in bullet heads, if expanding are normally put on your ticket (fire arm certificate saddler) to hold more than your allowance as stated on you ticket can and has ended up with the culprit loosing there firearms and there FAC.

Now, if you do not have expanding ammo in your FAC then you should not be allowed to purchase any, but you can stock up on target ammo.

But of course you all new that. ;-)