Gun won't fire???

You won't believe this!!!!! Just took it out of the safe and it's working both barrels??? Wasn't working when I put it in there last night19 hours later it's working, taking over the farm in a minute and try it out. ***? Finger crossed :)

Those cabinet fairy's have been hard at work all night :)

I don`t care what anyone says, snap caps are made for a purpose, I don`t see how they can do any harm, I do believe they can save guns from harm when they are dry fired. I will continue to use mine.

Personally, I know I can easily buy replacement hammer springs and (confidently) fit them. I have no idea about the ejector springs. So I'd rather have the hammer springs fail by not using snap caps than the ejector ones.

This is an old Browning B26 though, more modern guns can't be much more complicated?

Edited by Cyrus1988

I don`t care what anyone says, snap caps are made for a purpose, I don`t see how they can do any harm, I do believe they can save guns from harm when they are dry fired. I will continue to use mine.

Made for a purpose... sold for a profit, unless you are in the habit of dry firing your gun they aren't required.... Unless you are a gunsmith or in the habit of "fixing" your guns....

There use to relieve tension on springs is pretty pointless with modern guns. And a browning 525 pin wont go bouncing down the barrel (if it does it needed replacing anyway or the gun needed scrapping)

Took it over the farm last night, pulled the trigger Nothing!!! Took the cartridges out, pulled the trigger again click, moved the barrel selector pulled the trigger again, click, put the cartridges back in, pulled the trigger, nothing!!! Pointed it in a safe direction kept pulling pulling the trigger, bang!!! Next 50 rounds worked faultlessly. Hmmmmm

Need a trip back to the seller and needs looking at. At least a stock of action clean re lube.

Should have done this at first as clearly there is a recurrent problem. Fire it much more and the seller will blame you.

Should have done this at first as clearly there is a recurrent problem. Fire it much more and the seller will blame you.

Nothing like being direct, I take your point, but I have been asking advice from people more experienced than myself I case it was my fault and I'd done something wrong. I was in touch with the Gunshop yesterday and again today asking their advice, it's been documented by myself and the Gunshop and we (both not just them) have decided that I will continue to monitor the gun to see if it happens again.

If it does I have time and dates to prove it happened, what I don't want to happen is Brownings send it back to me saying there's nothing wrong with it.

How can the buyer be blamed for an intermittent mis fire? On a new gun?

I agree :)

• 4 months later...