It Has Arrived, Finally (FAC)

kipper

Hi guys and girls,

My FAC has finally arrived an to say that I am well chuffed would be an under statement. :drool::yes::drool:

Right then the FAC Air rifle will no doubt be a Air Arms S410 Xtra. .22 :D

and I have almost made up my mind about a .22 rim fire, I am considering buying a,

Ruger 10/22 Custom, semi automatic £600 new, SAK mod £30, + Scope :drool:?? I need help with that please,

The Custom ruger has a Tuned trigger, Carbon fibre barrel, upgraded stock etc etc,

Can you please give me some advice on a scope as I am really lost with this. the rifle will be mostly used for vermin shooting. Day and night time. rabbit's / crows etc,

Thanks in advance

A Verry happy Kipper :huh:

kipper just a little advice mate.i had a s400 xtra and found it very hard to silence.it is without a doubt a hard hitting accurate gun.i have actually traded mine for a hw100 in fac.the 410 is a great gun just a little noisy.if i may suggest buy aa field in 5.52 absolutely amazing accuracy read the label on the bottom of the tin they are without a doubt a brilliant pellet.try these and bis mags the only 2 pellets i ever reached for.have fun whatever you do.post some pics when you get them

+ Scope :drool:?? I need help with that please,

A Verry happy Kipper :drool:

3-9x40 or 3-9x50 should do you fine on the .22 rimmie. I find that going for really high mag encourages you to take longer shots than you normally would, hence more chance of missing.

Make depends on how much you want to spend. :drool:

thank's for the advice chap's.

As for how mutch I want to spend on a scope, Well I want to buy something that will do the job but I dont want to break the bank on something that is over the top for what i will need.

The Scope will be used for virmin shooting in daylight and night time lamping :drool:

What do you think about thr ruger10/22.

kipper :drool:

the ruger 10/22 is very popular, i've heard that some can be fussy re ammo however once you've found one that cycles well that shouldn't be a problem..there is absolutely loads of aftermarket kit you can get for it....have a look at http://www.rimfiremagic.co.uk/ for more stuff to spend your money on :drool:

A sound purchase, you'll have loads of fun with it :yes::drool:

Simmons would probably be a good buy for a scope, if you don't want to spend to much and still get a good view :drool:

Thanks poacher, That is where I will be getting it from(rimfiremagic) If I get one,

I am seriously thinking about buying one tomorrow, Its not that far from where I work, (about 1/2 hour drive)

I had a go with my mates at the weekend, He's got the s/s heavy barrel one with laminated stock.

Thanks again Chaps,

Kipper :drool:

The 10/22s at the club seem to spend a fair bit of time jamming on me to be honest, and are not as accurate as the cz bolt actions. All this may be down to them using club ammo though, so maybe with other rounds they will be ok? Unless you want to do some fast firing, I'd go bolt action myself. Just my (inexperienced) opinion! Hope you find something you get on with, well done again on the cert :drool:

If it was me i'd get a bolt action CZ prob more accurate definatly wont be less far cheaper quieter less amoo fussy. Also im not sure but id imagine if you ever go to sell it you'll get alot more of your money back than a 10/22.

Whats the point of a FAC air rifle when you have a .22? (just asking)

psittacosis

"Whats the point of a FAC air rifle when you have.22(just asking)?"

Im not sure what you are asking me mate? do you mean whats the point of the FAC air when I have .22Rim,

Or when I have got .22 standard 12ftlb air rifle?

Well the reason I applied for Fac Air is because I wont beable to shoot the .22 Rim everywhere I want to shoot, For a start .22rim are prone to richocha(spelling?) only 2 of the 3 farms I shoot are passed for .22 Rim, the third is ok for FAC Air. + the Fac Air is unrestricted so I can shoot that where I see safe to do so.

when I get the Air Arms S410 Xtra the power in reducable down to 12ftlb so I can shoot it in barns/ Cattle Sheds at low power or out in the field at full power :drool: The 12ftld AAS410 Will be sold then as it will no longer be needed, Does that answer your Question mate?

Magman .22 rim is the highest I went for as it is my first Firearm, I would like to get some experiance behind me mate before I go for anything bigger.

Any more suggestions for the scope chaps, :drool:

thank's again

Kipper :drool:

I have a 10/22 and they are a handy bit of kit, but if you want my advice I would go for a CZ bolt.

The clack of the 10/22 bolt can be a right pain, and they DO jam no matter how clean or what ammo you use, but they are VERY light, and I do a lot of walking with it, so I love it for that. I have also found the semi auto handy a few times,

Good luck

Chris

I used a 10/22 for 4 years before chopping it in for a .17 hmr BUTI kept my FAC Air rifle because I consider this a far better combination if most of your shooting is done on foot ..........Don't get me wrong but if you've a large amount of land to cover and shoot from a vehicle giving you a high firing point then the .22 lr (Using sub sonic ammo )is most definately the way forward but I agree Kipper ,an Fac air rifle is more versitile and due to not many shooters having much if any at all experience with one it is most underestimated tool as a result . :lol:

If you can afford it get some quality glass like a Meoptra which could come into your price range :blush: but A simmons is up to the job :blush:

Kirky, "Gone to rehab" :D:lol:

Sorry for the delay in replying to your posts chaps, I have been away for the weekend, (Not to rehab thoe)

Kids were off school last week so I thaught I would have a long weekend down at our caravan with them :/

And it was a great oppertunity to zero my new .22lr as I have got lots of land to shoot on out there.(Lincolnshire).

the gun I went for was a ;):lol: Custom Ruger 10/22 :/ Up to now I am wishing that I had taken the advice of some of you :lol::good: , Jam, jam, jam, jam ******g Jam :lol::good: I was wishing I had taken your advice and gone for a bolt action. But it is getting better now and yesterday out of 40 odd shots I only had one jam.

I got the gun set up to zero with a good grouping so I decided to have a pop at a couple of bunnys yesterday evening and managed 2 bunnys for 3 shots fired, :lol:

If the gun works as it did yesterday I will be happy with it. on saturday night I stripped it dowm and gave all the action a really good clean and then lightly oiled with napier fine gun oil. which seemed to do the trick.

I wish I could work out how to post a picture of it it looks stunning. ( if I can get it to shoot as good as it looks I will be very happy)

Thanks for your replies chap's ;)

Kipper ???

. on saturday night I stripped it dowm and gave all the action a really good clean and then lightly oiled with napier fine gun oil. which seemed to do the trick.

Kipper :good:

Try and refrain from using oil in the moving parts as this will attract and encourage build up of spent powder deposits which will lead to the jamming your already talking about .

Pay particular attention to the rotary mag by turning it upside down and tapping to remove deposits before reloading the next 10 ...........The guide rod and spring that locate in the Aluminium block can be changed allowing for the need of less re-coil to operate the blow back action as well .

Have you tried the CCI minimags yet?

So far i have tried,

Feddarel (spelling?) high velocity Verry good no Jams at all, (out of 50) But noisy :good:

Winchester subs seem ok providing the action is clean,

Eley sub sonic = not that good lots of jams and they seem to be messy

I have got some cci subs but I have not tried them yet,

I was thinking of polishing all the parts in the action with metal polish to get rid of the grain in the steel, What do you think,?

I think that the guide rod and spring has been changed.

Thanks again

I was thinking of polishing all the parts in the action with metal polish to get rid of the grain in the steel, What do you think,?

I reccommend you use this or something similar and move the parts by hand alone .Simply apply to the contact areas and work away simulating the process that the recoil block does :good: Try to avoid using power tools

post-1945-1171910539.jpg

post-1945-1171910583.jpg

Thats the sort of thing I had in mind deadeye ive,

How coarse is that, the metal polish i was thinking about is like autosol or peek pllish that kind of thing.

Mossy, Do you use the cci cartridges in a 10/22 mate?

Thanks chaps

kipper :good: