What laptop

ollie

Really? I would be editing the footage from my head cam. What are you using for editing now?

I got a laptop in order to edit footage from my Go Pro 2 and I was using the software that Go Pro supply. The laptop was £300 worth of Toshiba and brand new so running at full speed. The whole process was so slow, far too time consuming. I tried on a friends Mac and that was a different beast.

ATB

Ed

Apple is fine - fantastic hardware - as long as you're happy to forgo Windows. OSX is significantly different to use, and not binary compatible. You will have to find OSX versions of your software, and if it is commercial software, you will probably have to re-purchase. Sure you can run in a virtual machine or some sort of emulation, but they you may as well get a decent windows laptop.

If you can afford an Apple I'm sure you'll be happy or instead of buying a cheap PC laptop, why not spend the same amount you'd pay for an Apple on a decent business class laptop? Lots of people will argue Apple are better than PC's and vice versa but they're rarely comparing equipment of the same price point and as with anything in this life, you get what you pay for.

Apple is fine - fantastic hardware - as long as you're happy to forgo Windows. OSX is significantly different to use, and not binary compatible. You will have to find OSX versions of your software, and if it is commercial software, you will probably have to re-purchase. Sure you can run in a virtual machine or some sort of emulation, but they you may as well get a decent windows laptop.

Get a well specified Mac and you could easily run windows in a parallels virtual machine if you have a need to run Windows only software but it would be no good for games. I do the same only under Linux..

As with all things in life. You get what you pay for. Things are cheap for a reason. I still maintain that it's worth saving up and going Apple. Lots of folk will knock it but a fact is a fact. Look at how many high end graphic types use Apple.

they might but you have to look at the people who do high end graphics work, they like pretty things and are often more interested in form than function.... :lol: :lol:

Edited by MartynGT4

If all you need is a small cheap laptop then have a quick look in your big supermarkets and PC world, see what offers are on as make at that price a non starter spec is what you want, decent processor and screen.

I have a cheap laptop even though I could afford to buy a more expensive one or go apple, but it's for taking away to work to do basic stuff so why waste money on something that will get battered about and could get broke.

Horses for courses, buy what you need if its cheap and video editing is slow so what, are you in a hurry.

Figgy

ollie,you are not married that long and you and swmbo are going to bed to watch tv.LOL Barry

Ha ha Barry. When you have a Wife who is 34 weeks pregnant in this heat, all she wants to do is lie in bed. I hope you are well?

It's a nice little laptop, decent cpu etc. :)

Same price from Ebuyer but with free delivery :)http://www.ebuyer.com/613470-hp-250-g2-laptop-f0y89ea-abu

Figgy, go to the link I provided and look for C Cleaner, it's a free download and has a removal tool for your unwanted programs (or you can use Windows own uninstaller).

Thanks mate, just ordered this one off ebuyer.