cordless planer/ sander

Paddy Galore!

Mirka make that best orbital sanders, I had a festool and all I got were swirl marks on my work so back it went and I bought the mirka ceros head and shoulders above the festool.

And you can't go far wrong with the makita cordless planner.

I was hoping either festool or panasonic made a cordless planer, it would save me carting around yet another battery charger, i'll have a word with my local supplier in the morning and see what prices he comes up with.

thanks again every peeps, Mirka, i'll google them, thanks for the heads up. :good:

Festool is just a marketing/branding exercise rather like Apple

Sorry but in my opinion this is absolute rubbish. I admit not everything they make is best for everyone but I do feel the quality is excellent compared with others

Edited by LondonLuke

I have a makita 18v planer and I would say it is ok for doing the odd door on site but not much cop fof owt else.

that's all I need it for, just easing the odd door. my 110v Hitachi is nigh on 20 yrs old and still going strong, I don 't want to replace it but it's a pita getting the lead and tranny out just to take a few mm off or so.

I won't use my lie Nielsen jack plane on a council door! it's far too pretty and they hide all manner of bodges under the paint, pins and screws galore where they've been repaired rather than replaced.

edit to add, i'm not bothered by the cost of new planer blades, the council pick up the tab for those, but they wont spunk nigh on a hundred pounds or so for a lie Nielsen blade.

Edited by Paddy Galore!

I sell a lot of tools every day. I couldn't tell you which is best. However, if sales figures are to decide its 18v makita or 18v Panasonic. They both are by far my biggest sellers. Along with the Fein saws.

I don't suppose you could ask your Panasonic rep if they're going to bring out a 18v planer could you?