FEO Visit

Dexter.1

Mine asked... "What do you want a shotgun for?"

I just told him that a guy at work had got me into clay shooting, that I'd been quite a few time to Broomhills with him, and possibly the fact that I was a range instructor in the ATC and so I had an interest in gun sports probably helped.

He asked a few safety related questions and other questions about shotguns/clay shooting, looked around the house for security, asked about my medical history (I once had a minor breakdown due to divorce, and am asthmatic), asked about where I was intending to put a cabinet, and left quite happy. I got my SGC 2 weeks later.

If you've covered those sort of things, I think all should go well.

Good luck.

FEO has just left, no problems, :good: except he said that due to the national database system there is a backlog in issueing certificates!! :good::D could be another 6 weeks!!

When mine visited a few years ago he tried to gently rock the cabinet to see if it was secure.

Mad me laugh as I had been tugging at it with one foot on the wall before hand to make sure it wouldn't come off.

The visit is never quite as bad as I expect it to be. Or maybe I just have high standards/mild case of paranoia? I did go round and put window locks on ALL the windows and replaced the outhouse door with a 5 lever. Now that took a bit of moticing, my first attempt at it but works a treat.

/Mad

When mine visited a few years ago he tried to gently rock the cabinet to see if it was secure.

Mad me laugh as I had been tugging at it with one foot on the wall before hand to make sure it wouldn't come off.

:good::good::D:/ Mines mounted horozontally, under the stairs, lots of really big concrete anchor bolts. Put my back out tugging it, to check it was secure! The FEO just compained about his knees as there's only 3' of hand room!

The cabinet is fixed with some big bolts and resin fixed, he had no worries about the security of it after he did try and give it a tug.

Main concern was that I really existed and they weren't sending out certs to bogus applicants, as a previous reply said, not really as worrying as you first think. More frustrating now that he's gone and have the wait for how ever many weeks for the cert to arrive - National computers Huh!!

Got the visit by the man on Monday morning, hopefully everything will go well, cabinet is in place, a few lessons under the belt from reputable clay grounds.(going to North Wales on saturday) BASC membership waiting to be upgraded.

any last minute thoughts welcome

cheers :good:

Just have lots of tea and biccies ready, always appreciated D2D :good:

FEO has just left, no problems, :) except he said that due to the national database system there is a backlog in issueing certificates!! :no: B) could be another 6 weeks!!

This is bad news! Had my visit last Tuesday, and my FEO said, I should have it in two weeks. I'm in the Surrey Police area - has anyone else herd about National problems?

........(going to North Wales on saturday).........

any last minute thoughts welcome

cheers :good:

it gets hectic there on a saturday, not bad if you have got a lesson booked, but you can hang around for a while waiting for others to finish shooting.

we go up in the week, lot quiter

Yeah, it was quite busy when I left at about 12.00 didn't seem too bad around 10.00am though

There are two guys at work, one on my shift, the other on the shift we cross with. Both are awaiting their certificates and both have been told up to 2 or 2 1/2 months due to this national database thing.

You are not on your own.

I thought 6 weeks was bad enough! local FEO seemed just as P'D off with the system though

When i applied to Staffordshire for SGC last March i waited for 18 weeks before i had a visit I kept ringing fire arms dept only to be told it will be a little while longer as we are having some sickness problems. When FEO did come he told me he had been off with broken leg due to a skiing accident for four months. When inspection was done it took 4 days for cert to arrive

I am also in Staffordshire and mine took 4 months from memory and arrived last June, once the FEO called to see me my certificate came the following week.

Yeah, the BASC told me that a lot of forces only picked up onto this national database thing around the latter part of 2006 and in most cases it's considered less efficient than the systems they had in place. I'll post when it arrives.