Few pics of the pond.

sako751sg

Re-modelled the pond due to a wee leak and now have a feeder one,which ill use for the ducks and the main one that now has 40ish troot in it.The grass is still to thicken out but will look better in a month or two.Unbelievable amount of insect life and its absolutely stuffed with damsels and some huge dragonflies so took a few pictures yesterday.

During the dry spell we had there was still over 1600 gallons going into per day and there seems to be plenty oxygen to keep the troot happy.

pond024_zpsfb562694.jpg002_zpse94e006d.jpg001_zps29a1bc6f.jpg003_zps123a1905.jpg005_zpsd70d31c4.jpgpond007_zps51c76ad9.jpgpond006_zps077a6e9e.jpgpond004_zpsba338cec.jpgpond005_zpsfde52d49.jpgpond001_zpsfb5c01b4.jpgpond001_zpsfb5c01b4.jpgpond011_zps076cbd78.jpgpond015_zps353dc127.jpgpond002_zps6647f0fb.jpg

Edited by sako751sg

Looks very good. Ours is thriving with wildlife also. Haven't seen any Dragonflies but a few Damselflies. Our pond is surrounded on two sides by trees so we can only sit around it from one side really as otherwise we can't see the Mallard dropping in until they're almost on the water, and it never amazes me to see how fast they do drop!

Not long now. :)

Cheers all.Cant believe how many there were flying about,and have also an abundance of frogs and a few newts.

Will you shoot them on your own pond, then?

For sure,but will be very economical with how many evenings,and thats presuming they use it.There were quite a few coming in 4-5 weeks ago but i stopped feeding it to let it clear after re-digging it.

How big is it and how long did it take to dig?

Will measure it as ive not done since i made it bigger.The first dig was a day,but it was seriously non stop from first thing to into dark.I had it for two days this last time but one day was spent digging a couple of old field drains and putting in new pipes.Without the drains it would have only cost about £500 so its a bargain.

Looking good Dave what size 360 did you need to dig it with? Bet it wasn't a mini digger

Craig,believe it or not,it was a 5 tonner only.A lot of thought had to go into how to dig and i nearly lost the machine a few times as its on to an old peat bog.Saved a huge cost by doing the digger work myself although some of the bank grading isnt the best but i was more concerned with saving the machine.

Wanted to hire a digger but they insist on plant insurance - did you buy this?

No insurance fella.Its £80 a day+delivery+fuel so works oot as a bargain.Have done a fair bit digger work so got up to speed pretty quickly and they can shift a lot of stuff in a day.

Good effort can't beat a few days playing with the boys toys. Span try Brandon hire or a local company depends on the size machine your needing

Cheers Craig,and it was good with the "toy" but had a few hairy moments too.

Nice work fella. Plenty of sport to be had there.

Cheers Ollie.

Between the troot and hopefully the ducks we should have some good times on it.

Looking good, we extended and reshaped our pond about 18 months ago and nature has worked it's magic with reclaiming the banks. Started feeding In earnest 3 weeks ago and a few days ago had over 100 mallard flighting Into it.

Looking good for the coming season. Hope you get some good sport from yours.

Ta fella.

Thats a good number coming on to yours and ill have to start holding the feed in here soon before they settle elsewhere.

That's what I want in my paddock, I think my spring puts out about that

Just do it fella.Ive had 20+ years to do this and really regret waiting all this time but will hopefully get a fair few years oot of it.Much better when you do it yourself and a lot of sandbagging and hand digging was done over the winter to stop it breaking the bank till everything dried out but was well worth it.

top pics and well done on a nice pond...£80 a day, thts a bargain isn't it....should start a thread 'show us your pond'...atb...regards

Ta fella.You can do an awful lot in a day for £80 with a machine.

Looks great sako. :good: Frogs, newts, damsels, dragons abound yet the antis don't believe shooting makes any contribution to conservation. :no:

Cheers fella.Can honestly say ive never saw a dragonfly on this ground before and the ponds a haven for loads of species.

Looks good Dave...should get a fair few on that!!!

Cheers Rich.Heres hoping theres a duck or two.