A Day of Two Halves

stugarford

What a day!!

Went out for a recce yesterday in my car (not the landy), and proceeded to get well and truly bogged!

I turned onto a stubble field which looked fine (looks can be deceiving).....so turned around to get off it, and then got well and truly stuck.

Luckily my mate came to the rescue with his landy and his winch, and saved the day!

Eventually got back to the field at 2.30 , (both in the landys this time) after all the drama.

Sat in the gateway of the wheat stubble field and seemed as if there was a good flight line, so we decided to set up at the bottom end of the field, with a whirly, flapper and 10 real birds, and had a lovely afternoon.

Picked up 133 pigeons, so the day turned out to be a good one after all.....just shows that you don't always need to get on the field early!

post-63284-0-27523700-1407656949_thumb.jpg

Edited by stugarford

You had a great day, you can have a great bag in three hours of shooting, so as you stated you do not have to start early. We have to due to the amount of shooters in our area as we want to be first on the field. You may have spooked the birds off the field with your car antics and they came back later to feed when you were set up. Again well done, great result.