FINALLY GOT A COUPLE

lozrob

went out this morning to try and find some woodies that actually sit still for longer than a minute.

not been having much luck at all lately , but then reading on the forums not many of us have.

got right under a main flight line over a rape field.

i set up 10 sillosocks , in an arc pattern in pairs ( after reading a tip earlier in the week -killer69)

got my first woody in 10 minutes , stuck him on a flapper.

then nothing , they all ******** off.

then i only got 3 more in the next 3 hours.

missed a classic foursome after reaching for my flask and pouring half a cup hot tea over my lap

trying to get to my shottie. they decoyed lovely straight into the pattern, saw me and were gone.

oh well theres always next weekend ,

decoys in pairs seems to work though , great tip .

:good: At least you were out there having a go. Thats what counts in this game you can't win all the time :/ I've lost out big time it's the lads birthday in a few weeks and he wants his room done out :good: Ah well keep on the good side of her indoors got a load of it done for him this weekend :D

Flask of coffe in the lap.....................done it!..infact I bets there not a bloke on here who hasn't :/:D

**** law............roll a smoke, grab a butty, and in they come...................every single time.............funnily enough..., it happend whilst fishing to!......light up, look up, floats gone...........usually the only bite of the day!! :good::good:

You may well call me stupid. (why not everyone else does). I have noticed these phenomena for over 20 years. I have a theory as to what causes it. Now please do not all laugh at me at once because it will start a flood control on the site!

I have noticed this phenomenon not only when fishing, Pigeon shooting and even Duck flighting. I think the best way I can explain it is. When you are walking down a street and you feel that someone is watching you, you look around but cannot catch anyones eye. But you still have that uneasy feeling. I believe that birds animals fish etc have this ability only more enhanced, it's like a telepathic link, once you switch your attention to another focus then they cannot connect with you. It is as if your vigilance in looking for birds to come in is scaring them off, as soon as you drop your guard (light a fag pour a cup of coffee) it seems as if that telepathic link is broken, they cannot connect that all is not well.

As I said it’s a theory and no matter how unlikely it seems, it is a possibility

SO we have the ‘new’ pigeon shooting theory…keep your hands full, your thumb up your bum and your mind in neutral! B) Seems like you need to take enough food, drink and ciggies to keep yourself occupied and the birds will flock in! :) And if that’s not enough you should be so busy peeing and wiping your **** (after all that food and drink) that Woody will fly in and sit (I said S I T) on your head! :no:

Strange you mention that tiercel, not that long ago in one of the airgun mags, there was an article saying almost exactly the same thing but in relation to Magpies. Has anyone ever noticed how they behave when you haven't got a gun and therefore no intention to how they behave when you have. They prance around without fear until you try and train the cross hairs on them and then they duck, weave, bob jump.

It's as if they know they're being targetted :no: B)

SS :)

I only smoke so when I am out, decoying / ferreting or anything, I roll one and something will happen.

Almost without fail B)

I usually make a few ready rolled to stick in my pocket before I leave the house, because yes... it does happen :):no:

Even then, in the few seconds it takes to dig one out and try to light the ******, there'll be a pigeon fly by with a big grin on his beak! B)

I was out with a couple of mates who were shareing a hide, the only decent lot of birds all day come over me but i left them because they were going towards the other two plus they were a bit high for me, straight into the magnet <<<<< silence then bang bang bang bang 4 misses. Back the birds come to me and i got 1.

So i phone them up "what happened then?" " We were just pouring out the wine" came the reply, UM :)

You may well call me stupid. (why not everyone else does). I have noticed these phenomena for over 20 years. I have a theory as to what causes it. Now please do not all laugh at me at once because it will start a flood control on the site!

I have noticed this phenomenon not only when fishing, Pigeon shooting and even Duck flighting. I think the best way I can explain it is. When you are walking down a street and you feel that someone is watching you, you look around but cannot catch anyones eye. But you still have that uneasy feeling. I believe that birds animals fish etc have this ability only more enhanced, it's like a telepathic link, once you switch your attention to another focus then they cannot connect with you. It is as if your vigilance in looking for birds to come in is scaring them off, as soon as you drop your guard (light a fag pour a cup of coffee) it seems as if that telepathic link is broken, they cannot connect that all is not well.

As I said it’s a theory and no matter how unlikely it seems, it is a possibility

I think your on to something there Tiercel i also think that newcastle can still win the premiership 911 was just bad flying and michael jackson would be a fantastic babysitter. :)