The Royal's Pheasant Shoot

Jonnyni

Good job Simon, good to know the BASC were quick to respond. Like you say the teacher clearly had her own agenda. Your last sentance is too true, too many people eat chicken without a second thought but shooting oooh no. They need to wake up and get into the real world!!

Well done Simon,

nice to see that BASC have at last begun to employ staff who recognise the grass roots shooter. :beer:

Just the very fact that you have bothered to contribute to this forum, has renewed my confidence in an organisation that I have supported for many years, albeit with feelings that I was backing a toothless tiger.

I shall bring your post to the attention of Swifty, a man of well chosen words but little else as far as I can see.

Thanks again. :beer:

Guest flightline

Deako, if this is a reference to BASC`s chief executive, then I don`t think there`s any need for gratuitous insults. After all, he`s increased the membership by about 12,000 in 2003 so he must be doing something right! I should add that although I`m a member, BASC does not pay me for expressing these views, but I am open to offers. :beer::beer: :yp:

flightline,

Have you ever met John?...or perhaps had any real, in depth discussions with him?

Probably you have, and are entitled to your opinions, but I have spoken to him as well, in depth and for a couple of hours, on varied subjects...and found him to be a man of well chosen words and little else...my opinion.

Also, I don't believe for one minute that Swifty has increased the membership, thats down to the hard working foot soldiers at the mill.

Flame suit on...

Simon Welcome to the forum

It is very good of B.A.S.C to visit the school in Sandringham, but it seems to me that they should be trying to educate children from city schools, as well as those in the country

This way they could reach the future Antis before the are brainwashed by the other organisations who are praying on school children, and putting stupid ideas into their heads.

It is all well and good to promote shooting and country sports at game fairs and the like. but the people visiting the fairs are already interested or they wouldnt be there in the first place.

How about opening up BASC stalls at car boot sales and markets or even airports (If the RAC and AA can recruit members then so can B.A.S.C. :beer:

Hi, sorry it's been a while since I dropped in - been slightly busy.

The Sandringham School visit is a response to the situation which developed in the press. we would love to get info into more schools, but find it amazingly difficult to get past the anti brigade (animals and guns). Does anyone have contacts? is a teacher or school governor? Email me please.

re - presence at events, see our diary on the BASC website for the number of events we will cover this year. we have 80 staff in total and will be at about 250 - 300 events. We need more active members to get in elsewhere on our behalf.

We had some very positive coverage over the weekend, despite the Mail (pheasants) and the Express (ludicrous "ban guns" editorial). Even the NoW managed to give us a straight write-up on Sandringham.

A formal complaint has been filed with the Daily Mail.

As I've posted before, if anyone sees a thread and would like an offical line, email me in case I have nto had a chance to log on.

regards,

Simon Clarke. (simon.clarke@basc.org.uk)