Buck knives

ilovemyheckler

If you have broken the tip off your knife ,couldn't it be ground back into a good knife again ? I think it would be more expensive to have a new blade fitted than buying a new one .

I have two buck knives that I have had for many years ,both bought in the states . Very good tools .

Harnser

If you have broken the tip off your knife ,couldn't it be ground back into a good knife again ? I think it would be more expensive to have a new blade fitted than buying a new one .

I have two buck knives that I have had for many years ,both bought in the states . Very good tools .

Harnser

Exactly what I did when I broke the tip off my Buck. A very fine wheel and mug do water for dipping as you grind in small bites. Almost as good as new.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to say a big thanks to Whitby & Co.

I contacted them regarding the knife I damaged (my own fault trying to open a metal cabinet) and they said it was covered under warranty!

I reiterated that it was my fault and they said send it back.

Within 7 days I got a brand new knife.

Now that's what I call customer service.

Have always wanted a Buck knife but could never justify the cost. A friend from way back had one and I pestered his life to give it over. He always said go away, anyhoos while on a train to somewhere he stretched out, got to his destination and no knife.

Seen him in the watering hole a couple of weeks later, Guess what he says " I wish I'd given you that knife, cos I lost it on the train" folding, locking 3" a beaut of a knife.

But hey ho hope whoever found it knew what it was.