Rio royal cartridges cambridge area

matty*

Zzz this cartridge that cartridge George digweed could tell you the differance between good and bad shell but I doubt anyone on here can just buy what's available and shoot them I think it's hilarious when people worrygut about cartridges it's all user fault when you miss a bad tradesman and his tools e.c.t.

Zzz this cartridge that cartridge George digweed could tell you the differance between good and bad shell but I doubt anyone on here can just buy what's available and shoot them I think it's hilarious when people worrygut about cartridges it's all user fault when you miss a bad tradesman and his tools e.c.t.

so what are you saying?

the bloke can't have a preferred cartridge?

why don't you tell us what we should be shooting then

Colin

I'm just saying that you cannot tell the differance between let's say five differant branded 32g 6s which all fall under cip regs so they're all pretty much the same performance wise I think most people are barking up the wrong tree when blaming cartridges for bad shooting performances

Colin

Edited by fendrover90

Blimey!

I have used the Rio Royals when I've been lucky enough to be given some, they are lovely and much more expensive than the Rio Classic Game shells I used to use.

If someone wants to use a "premium" shell on a special day hell why not!

I use expensive paper cased game shells (E. J. Churchill HELLFIRE GAME) on good driven days and that gives me a great deal of pleasure, I even give my son good paper cased shells to use and he appreciates that special day just a little more!

Im after some rio royal cartridges, after using them before im after some more, not too many but a few. Haven't brought them for a while so am wondering were stocks them in the cambs area?
Thanks
Matty

Matty have you contacted CCI ( Clark Clays International) at Corby, they import the Rios from Spain, that's where I get mine from.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Blimey!

I have used the Rio Royals when I've been lucky enough to be given some, they are lovely and much more expensive than the Rio Classic Game shells I used to use.

If someone wants to use a "premium" shell on a special day hell why not!

I use expensive paper cased game shells (E. J. Churchill HELLFIRE GAME) on good driven days and that gives me a great deal of pleasure, I even give my son good paper cased shells to use and he appreciates that special day just a little more!

Matty have you contacted CCI ( Clark Clays International) at Corby, they import the Rios from Spain, that's where I get mine from.

got mine from sporting targets one of Steve's recommendations

colin

I know we are in the minority, but I'm with you on this one fenrover90

Yes that's why I agreed with you, and still do.

I also agree to a point , when it come to " mid range " shells , there's nothing in it , however there is a definite difference between a " mid range " and a "top end "

example just off the top of my head , im sure someone will give a better comparison ..... gamebore clear pigeon 32 grm # 6 verses Hull High Pheasant 32 grm # 6

i would also agree that just about any mid range cartridge will do the job fine if you point it in the right direction but as i said in earlier post there is nowt wrong with having a favourite shell,

if you have one you feel confident with (maybe because you had a good day with them the 1st time you used it) then sometimes you shoot better,

you hear of people having a bad day for no reason they just get it in their heads that they can't hit anything and inevitably have a bad day,

then another time use a different shell no better than the others and have a good day then you go out using said shells full of confidence and seem to hit more,

if any of that make's sense that is

thanks colin

i would also agree that just about any mid range cartridge will do the job fine if you point it in the right direction but as i said in earlier post there is nowt wrong with having a favourite shell,

if you have one you feel confident with (maybe because you had a good day with them the 1st time you used it) then sometimes you shoot better,

you hear of people having a bad day for no reason they just get it in their heads that they can't hit anything and inevitably have a bad day,

then another time use a different shell no better than the others and have a good day then you go out using said shells full of confidence and seem to hit more,

if any of that make's sense that is

thanks colin

Totally agree. Confidence breeds success.

I'm not a bad shot. But if I have a bad day.

It's usually down to my lack of concentration or application.

I like RC Sipe 32gr 6s. Pricey. But for me my favourites.

For me the birds drop like house bricks when I use them.

Or that's the way it seems.

We could talk cartridges till the cows come home.

You pay your money. You take your choice.