Reloading Fun ?

Has the enjoyment of reloading been taken to a new level ?

Reason I ask, all I see is mind boggling posts, that do nothing to encourage new or just started out folk,

And to think they could add there opinion without the thread being taken beyond the realms of a NASA analyst .... Nope, not a chance !

Paul

Lol. Reloading is simple, some however do seem to hype it up.

Some seem to think it is dangerous and some want more performance than they have in their hands. I currently am thinking of throttling back the 357 to more suit how I naturally want to add hold over from some deep ingrained map in my pea brain. May even switch to cheap lead bullets too, never was interested in shooting ticks from under a rats tail at a thousand yards!!

U.

Guest cookoff013

Yeah its changed.

Its not like the old days. The old days steel shells didn't exist. 1050bar proofings didnt exist. Super fast powders didn't exist.

Newer people are starting to reload.

I help a lot. I drop a few because they cannot be helped. Slow me to give you a list of crazy.

Guy wanting to shoot spears out of shotgun

Guy wanting to shoot gravel out of shotgun

Shooting money out of shotgun.

Guy shooting 3" in 2.75".

Guy loading 3" same was but double the powder.

Guy loading 82grains of nitro.

Guy loading super fast powder in small gauge gun.

Guy loading steel with lead fibre wads.

Guy buying random components yo bodge load.

Guy buying random powder wanting 21g loads 12gauge with .410 powder.

Guy blowing up a gun.

The risks are now greater. But the rewards even more so.

That 42g#9 thread was to make some loads to break in an auto. I'm buying a new auto.

Guy wanting to shoot spears out of shotgun

What a fool, everyone knows a .17 HMR makes a spear chucker with less ricochet than a .22 LR but at the cost of noise and expense

I'm new to the idea of reloading and so far it's like baking - stick exactly to the recipe until I'm much more confident than a terrified beginner!

Guest cookoff013

What a fool, everyone knows a .17 HMR makes a spear chucker with less ricochet than a .22 LR but at the cost of noise and expense

I'm new to the idea of reloading and so far it's like baking - stick exactly to the recipe until I'm much more confident than a terrified beginner!

One of the arguing points, he can re-use the spears.

I was more on the ***? Argument.

That by far was one of the bizzare reloading conversations.

Its not a difficult art to master, the basics anyway, its dead easy and not complicate to get a good hunting load. Some seek the holey grail and you start to seek the words 'O'give and seating depth etc but it doesn't need to be like that and with average ability and an off the shelf hunting rifle its doubtful if it will actually make much difference. As for the enjoyment of reloading, well that's hard to explain, its a bit like some enjoy repairing watches, the process in itself won't make you want to dance around the table, but the whole process from case clean to testing on paper then shooting your supper is very satisfying, and when you put a group in quarter of an inch at 100yds you probably will dance around the table. :yay:

I enjoy it, for the rifle it's halved ammunition costs and I can get sub 1/2 moa.

The shotgun is a bit of a waste, especially when you factor in a progressive press but it's very satisfying.

As for fun, not sure I'd go that far but might call it fascinating or possibly therapeutic - all until the mec decides to chuck shot and powder all over itself and needs a minor strip down to clear it all, then there's plenty of other words I'd use.....