walk one stand one plus duck flight

slick

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not being disrespectful Slick - but my post #3 if you had replied in time - I would have been there :good: Sadly I don't look at your response to bag split as positive :/ Although I agree it seems to be a cheap day - your response is not encouraging gun's to attend & lack of write up's/pictures of the day is extremely disappointing :ninja: Believe me I will travel for quality shooting & the bag is not important to me - this is all about - craic, sporting birds & a good day in the Countryside :yes: This post seems to be lacking evidence of either, many posts have asked for pics/write ups??? Sorry to be so negative but If I was selling a day I would like to show people what to expect!!! I have had excellent walk round days off this forum (some not advertised, but asked as been before) & will praise them to the high heavens if they ever advertise again :good:

LOOK AT THE END OF THE DAY TAM IF YOU WERE GENERALLY INTRESTED IN A DAY! YOU WOULD RING THE PERSON UP WHO IS HOLDING THEM AND GET ALL THE INFORMATION YOU WOULD LIKE I AM SORRY AS THE SHOOTING SEASON IS SO BUSY FOR ME I CARNT LIVE ON MY COMPUTER SORRY MATE

Not being disrespectful Slick - but my post #3 if you had replied in time - I would have been there :good: Sadly I don't look at your response to bag split as positive :/ Although I agree it seems to be a cheap day - your response is not encouraging gun's to attend & lack of write up's/pictures of the day is extremely disappointing :ninja: Believe me I will travel for quality shooting & the bag is not important to me - this is all about - craic, sporting birds & a good day in the Countryside :yes: This post seems to be lacking evidence of either, many posts have asked for pics/write ups??? Sorry to be so negative but If I was selling a day I would like to show people what to expect!!! I have had excellent walk round days off this forum (some not advertised, but asked as been before) & will praise them to the high heavens if they ever advertise again :good:

I remember the charity shoot, you must have travelled nearly half the country to shoot 100 bird sporting, that's effort there. :good:

Tam has also travelled down to the Crown Shoot on no less than 3 occasions there and back in a day. Now like you say that's effot that is. :good:

NIce :-).

I think it's crazy when people turn their nose up at great places to go to just because of a drive - relish the experience to travel I say! If I was so lucky to win on the raffle next year I'd be in North Wales like a shot (pardon the pun! ha).

On the current thread topic however, most people are fickle things now days, it just helps us make our minds up quicker when we see write ups and pictures. A lot are slightly nervous of calling people they aren't familiar with anymore for fear of being 'sold to'.

Casing point: The Crown Shoot has become a massive name on here and further afield I am sure all by write ups, pics, stories of success (and misses) from the team running it, and people coming back from it. It helps build up a image of it in your mind.

Slick has offered some very good opportunities and I note that all of those who took him up on them have said how pleased they were. There should be no negative posts about the shooting that he has presented.

On the subject of travelling, I once made a ten hour round trip in a day to shoot walked up grouse having been promised 'plenty of shooting' and I never fired a shot. I must admit that I was deflated on the way back but I consoled myself thinking about two young men who had shot their first grouse that day.

THANKS JDOG FOR YOUR SUPPORT ALL I CAN SAY IS LET THE SHOOT DAYS DO THE TALKING.HERE IS MY MOBILE NUMBER TAM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK FURTHER ABOUT YOUR PROBLEM IF NOT LEAVE MY POST FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE INTRESTED IN MY SHOOT ARE HAVE BEEN THANK YOU TEL;07546227114

Another great day yesterday, I had my money's worth on the first drive. Plenty of birds about , they were testing in the wind. There were some lovely long crossers shot and multiple missed. Plenty of pigeons about keeping us entertained while the beaters blanked in. Fair to say the first drive after lunch, everyone managed to warm there hands from there barrels. So all in all a great mixed day, 80 head, we had pheasants, snipe, mallard, grey partridge, pigeon, widgeon and teal, and if I managed to get my gun out the slip I'm sure we would had a couple golden plover in the bag too. Exceptional value, thanks again to John and his team.

Edited by cmalpass