DIY

deadeye ive

Well this week I'm fitting a Wickes bedroom furniture pack in to the daughters bedroom ...........The instructions say I only require a .....

Screwdriver

Spirit level

Drill and drill bits

Plumb line

So far I have used the following ......All of the above plus

Electric plane

Hand plane

Circular saw

Jig saw

Wood saw

Tenon Saw

Mallet

And Expansion Foam :o :blink: :blink:

I think it's time they re-calibrated their equipment has this 2/3 day job looks like it'll see the week out <_<

Oh Well ........chin up and all that :good:

My house was built 1965 and I think the Brickie was on LSD at the time because there ain't one ******* square edge or plumb wall anywhere :blink: ................Gaps are no more <_<

Have the tools already ..........majority are from wickes as well ???:good: :o

ive that sounds like a good house, one we worked on, you could literally feel yourself walking up hill when we walked across the up stare floors, the doors hit the floor when you tried to close them :lol: the couple that bought it had to be put up in a hotel till the work was rectified :lol:

there was another house i could touch the ceilings in the bedrooms whilst standing with my feet flat on the floor :blink: i said to the agent bit low ain't it, all he said was we will do something about it if the buyer complains :/ and that was 2 different companies

dont be using no foam on them gaps bud,

use your jigsaw and some scribing!

Ash

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice one ??? .................I'm making that brickie proud ;) .............Some gaps were just to big for scolloping :good:

At £220.00 a day Ive, I am a bargain. :lol:

Why didn't you phone me? <_<

Would have had it done by now! :lol:

Rob.

Rob

Rob

If that's the going rate for a chippy then bless you .......... :D .............And knowing the building trade as it is now you would have took twice as long :)

Ive, you always have to give it large don't you.

Whether its shooting ickle, lickle, lambs or fitting together kiddies furniture.

What are you like 'eh :blink:

LB :lol::lol::lol:

She (My Youngest Lily )loves me even more now LB and it's only part done :blink: ..........But I have a new leupold to zero in and hiding the frustration is another story :/

ive that sounds like a good house, one we worked on, you could literally feel yourself walking up hill when we walked across the up stare floors, the doors hit the floor when you tried to close them :lol: the couple that bought it had to be put up in a hotel till the work was rectified :/

there was another house i could touch the ceilings in the bedrooms whilst standing with my feet flat on the floor :o i said to the agent bit low ain't it, all he said was we will do something about it if the buyer complains :/ and that was 2 different companies

BT

You are a rarity .......A builder with a conscience :lol:

hey ease off on them sweeping statements about the building trade 'at the moment'

not all of us are useless with our hands you know, or are prepared to work for an honest living!

Ash

(P.S. Building trade minus plumbers anyway - they are thieves!)

There is a chap who advertises in our local paper, that makes a good living out of assembling flat pack furniture for people.

He reckons that 80% of his calls come after the man of the house has given up. :good:

I would mention that I only know this bloke from meeting him at Auctions, I am not now, nor have I ever been, one of his customers. :unsure:

I would mention that I only know this bloke from meeting him at Auctions, I am not now, nor have I ever been, one of his customers. :unsure:

And the Princess kissed a frog, and I have not seen your father since....... Thats another fairy story. :good:

At £220.00 a day Ive, I am a bargain. ;)

Why didn't you phone me? :good:

Would have had it done by now! :no:

Rob.

You can get decent Polish builders round our way for half that Rob! :yes:

They are to the building trade, what Indians are to the IT industry

Most of the people that Cranfield refers to are redunant IT support staff as a result of the above :)

The best one I have heard of is advertising as "husband for a day"

Wealthy divorcee's pay you for to do all the little jobs that hubby used to do before he cleared off with his secretary - :unsure: ding - dong