Miroku MK 60 Gr5

£1,450

20 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Chatham, Kent
Over and Under, -, -, 28" barrels
20141221_102735 20141221_102743 20141221_102847

Description

Miroku MK60 Grade 5 20 Gauge

Grade 5 stunning wood and hand engraved action. This gun is in excellent condition with only a few minor surface marks. Well looked after and regularly cleaned this gun is perfect for anyone fancying something new or a little different for game. 28" Fixed choke

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member wj939. Message them here

Think you`ll find that`s an older grade 3 action !

Nice guns.

Hmm... Although the dealer told me a grade 5 (of course he would) Spending some time googling suggests the older 6000 may have had a game scene pattern, but am yet to see one on a GD 3 mk60.

I've had a gd 5 MK70 and It was not as nicely finished as this.

I'll ring Browning- they should be able to confirm.

Hmm... Although the dealer told me a grade 5 (of course he would) Spending some time googling suggests the older 6000 may have had a game scene pattern, but am yet to see one on a GD 3 mk60.

I've had a gd 5 MK70 and It was not as nicely finished as this.

I'll ring Browning- they should be able to confirm.

I had one fron new like yours,had very good wood on it.Perhaps the points were cut on the panels as gd3 didn`t have them but it`s easily done later (and looks correct).

What's the serial number letters please, must be earlyish as the mk60 went to the universal in G5 or g1 , I had a 2004 universal sport G3 with standard engraving and the G5 had the fleur di Lis

Grade 3 as far as I am aware (had 3 x G3 mirokus) do not have tear drops, I would suggest its a 425 equivelant mk 60 G5

The later 425 onward versions will never be as good as the 325 series I agree but a great gun, only downside personally for me is its 28" not 30 but v good price

Serial number will help ( just the letters please)

That stock needs some oil it looks a bit dry and is opening up, get some in there and it will look fab

Edited by sishyplops

It's a 95 vintage, partridge duck and woodcock engraving if that helps?

I couldn't get through to browning today, I'll keep trying. I know the older ones tend to be better engraved, but even so in my mind there is too much coverage for me to think it's a 3.

I had a newer g3 a few years back and it didn't have the wood wedges on the mid rib to plug the gap in the front of the forend, this does. Hardly a defining feature I know but seems hard to imagine if this was a 3 what a 5 is.

Edited by wj939

I have a miroku catalogue somewhere. I can say for a fact it is a grade 3 game engraving. It is quite rare in the uk. I desperately wanted to get my hands on a MK10 which has the grade 5 game engraving. It has two pheasant on one side and two ducks on the other with mountains as the background.

They used this engraving on the MK10 grades 1 3 5 this engraving is the grade 3.

Hope this helps.

Very sadly the MK10 range and also the MK11 are made for Australia and New Zealand only. Browning wouldn't get me one!!!

Guessing browning are worried they would sell a bit to well.