Help with .223 moderators!!!

Nuglol

Will a moderator stamped 'Remington .222' be suitable to put on a Remington 700 .223 Cal.? I know both cals use the .224 bullet heads but is this a bad choice of moderator? Thanks for your help :)

What make/model mod are we actually talking about here?

If it's only proofed upto .222 that is all you should use it for , as it may not be able to handle the extra pressure that the .223 produces

That doesn't necessarily follow, all a proof says it is proofed up to a certain calibre/energy, that doesn't necessarily mean that is all it can handle! Lots of mods have no proof at all (most of mine don't, rimfire and centrefire), does that mean you can't use them on a rifle at all?

Edited by Dekers

Thanks guys. It's second hand and bought it from a RFD he reckoned it's fine. The RFD nor myself knew what make it is, sorry. That makes sense about the pressures Jason.

Dekers...I'm with you on that question! Should I be using it on the 223? But as you say loads of mods aren't proofed!!

Thanks guys. It's second hand and bought it from a RFD he reckoned it's fine. The RFD nor myself knew what make it is, sorry. That makes sense about the pressures Jason.

Dekers...I'm with you on that question! Should I be using it on the 223? But as you say loads of mods aren't proofed!!

Can you put up a picture of it?

I'd also question whether as it is marked whether you have the permission to aquire the mod. A pedantic feo might not like it too much if you have permission for a .223 mod and have bought a .222. Use wise it wouldn't worry me

A quick touch with a dremel would sort that one out.

Can you put up a picture of it?

I have Dekers and your help would be greatly appreciated. If i could identify the make i'd phone the manufacturers.

One problem! how do i add pics?

I thought i jjust had to cut and paste them into this text box!!!!!

Apologies, I have nt been on pigeonwatch very long, not clued in to how it all operates yet.

Thanks

well if it was a new mod i would put it on without a second thought or worrying about complying with the law 1 x centerfire mod is all my police would state.as said the projectile is the same diameter.my biggest concern would be not knowing the condition inside or shot count.if an internal well rusted part fails that would concern me more than any numbers written on the side.if part burned out it may not moderate at its best.bit of a faulse economy in my opinion but when times was harder i know i did it.