Worst week ever regarding motors

michufc

Right this is going to be a bit of a rant so I opolagise now.

Well I sold my disco 3 hse as my wife only did short school runs and I was starting to cost big money per week. So we brought a brand new audi a3 s line model to reduce running costs and for peace of mind with warranty and so on. Well my wife is a good driver (don't tell her I said that but she is) she said I can smell burning so me being a typical bloke said its probably you imagining it. Well she wasn't it does smell bad to be honest. Well no problem u though took it to audi and they said it was the clutch burning and possible due to poor driving through riding the clutch and it won't be warranty and they want a £1000 to repair. The car is just over a year old and covered 10k I have gone mental and I am refusing to pay so we are in a despute with audi at the mo. So I thought oh well my wife can take the l200 to take the kids to school so I went to start it and thought the exhaust was noisy so o looked under and some ***** scummy piece of **** has nicked the cat last night from off my drive. I am fuming at this stage. So I thought well I might as well go to work as it looks like I have some big bills to pay so I jumped in my transit turned the key and nothing just funking brilliant. That's me done I completely lost my rag and went into a full melt down to which my best mate drove past and stopped to ask what I was doing as he has never seen me have a melt down like that before.

Well I have come to realise that we all should of stuck with horse and cart as I think it would be cheaper in the long run.

Sorry for the rant now I can breath and my anger management coach says I should count to ten

I feel your pain mate! I bought a year old Citroen for my Mrs on new years eve, we have had it go into limp mode 3 times since. The Citroen dealer couldn't have been better, every time they have recovered the car and given us a courtesy car. They have now taken our car back and are sourcing us a replacement at no extra cost, they have also offered free servicing and extended warranty on the replacement. Hope you get Audi to sort it out for you.

It's all about perspective

When I worked down pit and anybody had a complaint about how unlucky they were.

An old bloke used to say "have you got any kids" they would say "yes a couple" the old bloke would say "are they healthy"

They would say "yes very" He would then say " How lucky do you want to be" (He lost his wife and kids in a house fire while at work on nights)

Real bad bit of luck, but if you can afford 3 vehicles you probably haven't got any real issues worth having a melt down about

I hope you are having a laugh yes I am a genuine millionaire that's why it hasn't bothered me in the slightest and all my vehicles get changed when I fancy a different color!!!!!!!!!!!

Two of the vehicles are used for work and the Audi is my wife's car that she uses to take the kids to school I brought that car over the disco to save money as I am self employed and times get hard.

So think before you make a stupid comment about oh having three vehicles must be loaded. As I am sure there are people who have gun collections worth more than my cars.

There are people out there without a car, house, family who somehow manage to keep it together and don't have melt downs when life deals them a blow. They get up and get on with life and don't see the need to post about their 'hard times' on an internet forum. Disco HSE's cost a fortune second hand. Brand new S Line Audi's cost a fortune, your van not starting seems to imply that you have neglected it's maintenance in favour of buying lavish vehicles, and your cat getting nicked was just bad luck. They're a lot cheaper to buy than an Audi, especially if you get one from a breakers yard. Hopefully you'll be able to take a step back and count your blessings.

@ Cannon Haves and have nots should not be the issue or indeed the response the Op was not bragging merely ranting about his bout of bad luck

from time to time it does come in 3's and I can see Michufc has had his share

Well I hope we all have a share of good luck in 2015 best wishes to all

oh and by the way

Watch out for that CAT :sad1:

Right this is going to be a bit of a rant so I opolagise now.

Well I sold my disco 3 hse as my wife only did short school runs and I was starting to cost big money per week. So we brought a brand new audi a3 s line model to reduce running costs and for peace of mind with warranty and so on. Well my wife is a good driver (don't tell her I said that but she is) she said I can smell burning so me being a typical bloke said its probably you imagining it. Well she wasn't it does smell bad to be honest. Well no problem u though took it to audi and they said it was the clutch burning and possible due to poor driving through riding the clutch and it won't be warranty and they want a £1000 to repair. The car is just over a year old and covered 10k I have gone mental and I am refusing to pay so we are in a despute with audi at the mo. So I thought oh well my wife can take the l200 to take the kids to school so I went to start it and thought the exhaust was noisy so o looked under and some ***** scummy piece of **** has nicked the cat last night from off my drive. I am fuming at this stage. So I thought well I might as well go to work as it looks like I have some big bills to pay so I jumped in my transit turned the key and nothing just funking brilliant. That's me done I completely lost my rag and went into a full melt down to which my best mate drove past and stopped to ask what I was doing as he has never seen me have a melt down like that before.

Well I have come to realise that we all should of stuck with horse and cart as I think it would be cheaper in the long run.

Sorry for the rant now I can breath and my anger management coach says I should count to ten

Unlucky mate,

I removed the cat from my L200 last year my local M.O.T testing station did the work as it needed the gas cutter to remove to bolts and they only charged me a few £ to do the work.

A thro pipe was fitted in place of CAT and last month it went thro its M.O.T no probs.

I know that there are more people that are worse off than me and go through rough times like me five years ago when I watched and nursed my farther in law slowly and painfully die due cancer. I do count my blessings on many occasions this was purely about my extremely bad luck with cars. And like I said the disco had to go as it was costing us a fortune hence buying the cheaper Audi which I had to take a loan out for.

Unlucky mate,

I removed the cat from my L200 last year my local M.O.T testing station did the work as it needed the gas cutter to remove to bolts and they only charged me a few £ to do the work.

A thro pipe was fitted in place of CAT and last month it went thro its M.O.T no probs.

Thanks for that a called a friend of mine who's dad owns a garage and is going to weld a straight through pipe on for me

Thanks again