New shotgun renewal forms

Redgum

My shotgun license is up for renewal in May, I call my FEO and he says that a reminder to renew will be sent to me soon but the forms should now be down loaded ( they used to send out the forms )

Looking at the new forms on my constabulary's website, as I will get this filled in while waiting for the reminder, the backing information isn't to clear. On the old application support information you only have to report offences committed since the last grant, has this change now and is the price for renewal £50

I'm renewing with the Met at the moment. The section on offences makes no mention of rules based on whether you've mentioned them before on a previous grant or renewal.

I seem to recall someone saying that you should err on the side of caution and put everything on the form, even if in any doubt. Why invite trouble if they might think that they have found something on you? That's what I have done.

If you are a BASC member I'd call them though.

"You must not withhold information about any conviction. This includes motoring offences, binding overs, formal written warnings, cautions and convictions in and outside Great Britain, and (by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975) convictions which are spent under the 1974 Act. A conditional discharge and an absolute discharge both count as convictions for this purpose. Details of parking offences and fixed penalty notices do not need to be declared."

The answer to this seems to vary from force to force and FEO to FEO. On my last renewal I was told by my then FEO (now retired) that I only needed to put down any convictions that I may have got since my previous application. I applied for FAC at the same time and on that form I had to put past convictions as it was a new application and not a renewal.

Jim

The answer to this seems to vary from force to force and FEO to FEO. On my last renewal I was told by my then FEO (now retired) that I only needed to put down any convictions that I may have got since my previous application. I applied for FAC at the same time and on that form I had to put past convictions as it was a new application and not a renewal.

Jim

I renewed my FAC just before the new forms and they only wanted to know convictions since last grant, its no problem as just have a few driving convictions from way back, just a pain to go through all the dates again.

just handed my forms,(they were sent,didnt have to download) and still £40,they asked me about going coterminous,my fac still has 2 years,the feo said it will work out cheaper in the long run,so gonna do that when its time.,got a call 2 days after handing them in to arrange my interview,northumbria are certainly getting things right at the moment,they even did a one for one at the counter while I waited 5 minutes............