Cat C

Cookie69

I think Cat C means it's likely to have been deemed uneconomical to repair following accident damage ?

Not sure if it's Cat C that has to be VOSA inspected after being repaired before being allowed back on the road but the obvious concern might be the effect on residual value should you decide to sell it or trade in somewhere down the line ?

I have repaired a lot of write offs in the past when salvage was cheap. but now I don't bother although I repair cars day in day out. they are just not worth it even for me. if you don't know the repair history and who did it I would not touch it. insurance total losses have to be declared on resale and this hits the value extremely.

modern steels, plastics, alloys have to be repaired with special methods now and you would not want to risk your safety for saving a few quid

Thanks for the comments

Have been doing a little more research on the L200 and found this.

Doesn't make for good reading.

The link joins the conversation 4 pages in

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CBsQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carsurvey.org%2Freviews%2Fmitsubishi%2Fl200%2Fr58208%2Fcomments%2Fpage-4%2F&ei=IRDjVKv5GKi17gaQqICoCw&usg=AFQjCNEHb5WjLYLB9o6HFt3R0DmxDokGJw&sig2=VX403dAwNixmipHy0KCn1A

Edited by Cookie69