Tip of the day

pegleg31

Never use ladders on ceramic tiles unless you've anchored them or have someone footing them because they hurt like hell when you land on them. Had to finish work early I'm in agony.

Needed to get my large rubi out of the loft this morning and was in a rush as I'd overlaid after being up until 2:30am with my son. Didn't wait for the missus to foot the ladders and they slipped out from under me as I was about to step off into the loft resulting in me landing on the ladders at a funny angle as I did my best not landing on the dog still in her bed. I've got a cracking bruise on my shin and an even better one on my right bum cheek whit skin missing and I've also jarred my kneck and shoulder where I tried to soften the blow so the dog didn't. The dogs fine thank god. Just goes to show you should never take chances, after the missus made sure I was alright she let me have it because I'm normally anal about her footing the ladders.

Anyone else had a close call with they've been rushing around and not putting safety first?

Think most people have silly accidents when rushing - I've done various things wrong when rushing (favourite was locking myself in a loft of a customers with a angry load of hornets after shining a torch at them wearing no protection other than a polo shirt).

Getting bitten by a rat after not looking under floorboards where there was a suspected rats nest... (yes, I had to go get checked out - but I can assure you that I killed that rat so much the Chinese restaurant it was in couldn't even cook it).

However since getting my SGC and FAC I forced myself to not rush and to ensure safety on all counts - I check anything to do with my firearms 3 times at least, can't rush that one.

Ouch , keep your tile cutters in the garage in future !

Haven't got any outside storage so ALL my tools are in the loft, as soon as I get time I'm building a large secure shed as its a massive hassle especially as I'm constantly doing different trades.

Edited by pegleg31

You bounce less the older you get as well!

Ouch glad you lived to tell the tale

Large Rubi, Floor tiling?

Ain't that the truth!!!!! found that out on a job we were doing in Plymouth, had steps on some scaffold planking, (in a loft area of a gym) went to climb, probably too quickly, 2 steps up, steps go sideways, I land heavily on some stacked planks, on my ribs :sad1: not a happy bunny for several weeks

Growing older isn't all its cracked up to be :lol:

The knees give out, the parting in the hair gets wider :lol:

Edited by The Croc