WRONG WRONG WRONG

HEAD OR NOTHING

:P I my self am a strong believer in our great sport being about our own skill and that enjoment always comes over the size of the gamebag. :lol:

But when flicking through an edition of shooting sports i come upon the Bushnell Yardage Pro :good:

This scope takes the range ;calculates your new point of impact and moves the scope reticle to your new poi.No skill required.No aiming off all computerised.

How can somone with the best scope and the best rifle fell a sense of achievement when this scope does all the work.

Now I know there is trigger control,breathing technique allowing for recoil etc etc.But I think this scope takes a key skill out of the sport.

For military and police or commercial pest control I can see it has a place and it is great we have this advance in scope technology but for a sporting purpose.I think not?

What about u? :good:

That is all well and good until you add the human factor and obviously things like wind, which the scope can know nothing about.

Everything in life has to be improved upon, otherwise we would still live in caves and not have electricity. The fact that this scope does everything in one tube doesn't make it bad. It will make life easier for those who struggle with things like range finding or hold over or under.

If it means that less animals are wounded because of a bad placed inexperienced shot then it can only be a good thing.

I don't see it as a problem either, although I wouldn't want one. I tend to enjoy the skill part of the sport too much. If everything was done for you, it would get boring. Sometimes when I'm out walking I'll stalk a rabbit or deer, without having a gun! It's just fun to see how close you can get before they spot you. That part is the best bit, pulling the trigger is the easy end to it all. If the scope took away that little challenge of aim point, it would be a poor show for everyone but the novice :good:

:lol: I my self am a strong believer in our great sport being about our own skill and that enjoment always comes over the size of the gamebag. :lol:

But when flicking through an edition of shooting sports i come upon the Bushnell Yardage Pro :good:

This scope takes the range ;calculates your new point of impact and moves the scope reticle to your new poi.No skill required.No aiming off all computerised.

How can somone with the best scope and the best rifle fell a sense of achievement when this scope does all the work.

Now I know there is trigger control,breathing technique allowing for recoil etc etc.But I think this scope takes a key skill out of the sport.

For military and police or commercial pest control I can see it has a place and it is great we have this advance in scope technology but for a sporting purpose.I think not?

What about u? :good:

Thats like saying when they invented rifles, "oh no thats wrong, I like to sneak up on animals and beat them to death with a stick, guns take the sporting element out of hunting" Not good logic.

On the other hand, I can't see myself ever wanting one of these but if other people want to then its ok with me. If you like the sport of using a more basic scope then keep using one - nobody's stopping you. If somebody else wants one then let them.

Desperado :P

I have a bushnell yardage pro and it's a range finder ........Brilliant bit of kit if you want to improve on your instant kill rate :good: .Haven't heard of a scope though :lol:

i agree it does take all the sporting side out of it, however pest control is different. you could really say that once a crop is cut you no longer need to protect that field until drillings, but that doesn't stop people shooting pigeons for the sport( although this does break the terms of the general liscence) i think a true sportsman wouldn't use one. but that is just my opion on the matter.

i am not totaly sure where i stand i supose if i was doing long range hunting and paid big money for a guide in say south africa or northern Canada i would maybe want to do anything for the highest chance of succes as i would be spending thousands on the hunt anyway, and as far as sportsmanship their is definatley something to be said about a individule who with a peep sight or a scope can make remarkable shots but perhaps this adds to the sport in that now you can push new boundries and do equally remarkable shooting at even longer ranges :lol: