€8000 for one pigeon!!!

malkiserow

I was in a taxi today and had chapter and verse from the annoying driver about his racing pigeons costing so much .... he witterd on for ages about how his life is complete sitting on his decking eating a ploughmans lunch and drinking a pint of cider watching for his pigeons to come home.

I picked up my newspaper and wrote on it "I shoot and eat Pigeons" and showed my fellow passengers who did laugh and asked if they taste nice.

OK not the same type of pigeons as we shoot but €8000 for one ..... what is the man thinking :rolleyes:

Pigeon not come home?

The Queen keeps them.

They cant be that bad.

During the war (Rodney) they saved lives.

When I am forced to listen to Taxi Driver Drivel , I either stay quiet or tell him, I'm not interested in your conversation. I'm reading or working.

Easy to tell its Friday night?

The Queen keeps them.

They cant be that bad.

During the war (Rodney) they saved lives.

When I am forced to listen to Taxi Driver Drivel , I either stay quiet or tell him, I'm not interested in your conversation. I'm reading or working.

Easy to tell its Friday night?

I think its fair to say we all have the utmost respect for pigeon in any shape or form. It interests me how different people value the bird in different ways. To some its its 20p at the dealer, for others its thousands of squids and kudos on the racing scene. Their attributes have spawned two great sports - pigeon racing and pigeon shooting. Each to their own.

Absolutely Ack Ack, I used to surf a bit and drive non surfers mad, now I work with a bloke who is a train spotter and the lads take the proverbial , sometimes when Im feeling nice I tell them to ease up, we are all train spotters just different trains, wind, surf, pigeons, astons, whatever it takes all sorts out there and we are better for it.

mind you if its 3' and clean I'll dust my board off!!

Absolutely Ack Ack, I used to surf a bit and drive non surfers mad, now I work with a bloke who is a train spotter and the lads take the proverbial , sometimes when Im feeling nice I tell them to ease up, we are all train spotters just different trains, wind, surf, pigeons, astons, whatever it takes all sorts out there and we are better for it.

mind you if its 3' and clean I'll dust my board off!!

Yeah, theres an eccentricity that comes with any sport that really gets hold of you. It can become obsessive. I respect the fundamental element that bonds all hobbyists.

Im a dad, husband,salt water loving, surfy, canoeing, kayaking,windsurfing,country loving, shooting sort of bloke. I haven't bought a lifestyle, I just enjoy mine.. and enjoying whatever it is you do is the key to a happy life.

Oh and a juggler!!!!

8000 though, you can buy 2 cars for that and still afford to run them.

anyway it was all his fault for being cruel to paying passengers........ I nearly brought up pies in a Greg Davies sort of a way

two cars??? I can get ten good ones for that. My last £750 'end of life' motor came with full service history and a magic tree. WINNING!!!

Im a dad, husband,salt water loving, surfy, canoeing, kayaking,windsurfing,country loving, shooting sort of bloke. I haven't bought a lifestyle, I just enjoy mine.. and enjoying whatever it is you do is the key to a happy life.

Oh and a juggler!!!!

Feeling dat! I must admit though that i have a certain cynicism towards folks that buy in. If i go out and do fifty notes on an Estwing hammer it makes me no more a joiner than the next man. I see clowns turn up on the beach packing proper Romney Marsh carbon (RIP Terry C) and they aint got a scooby.