Sako Quad .22

A1Decoy

Hello,

Thinking of buying a Sako Quad Varmint in .22. Would anybody who owns/owned this rifle be able to give me some info? The good and the bad. Will most likely get it in synthetic. Also, what are they like compared to the finnfire?

Thanks

Oscar

Same for me, .22 in synthetic and .17HMR in wood, never had a problem with either and they get a pull through every so often. Mine are what i call the old shaped stock.

Had the .22 barrel shortened to make it easier to handle in the gun bus, all fine.

Brilliant bit of kit - and the extraction issue can be easily resolved with a file remodel of the claw if needed.

Really nice thing about it is not only do they have a five round magazine but it also sits flush with the underside of the action and stock.

I have two

one at 12.5" and one full length

the extraction issue is only on the older ones and only on SOME unfired ammo, usually the tighter loads with lots of sticky wax.

keep the chamber clean, modify the claw with some fine sandpaper if required (very easy, lots of links)

comically accurate

mate and i were messing around and drew some smiley faces on the target at 60 yds .....like he does on Lethal Weapon!