Blade Runner

Scully

Read somewhere there is to be a sequel so ratched out the 1982 original and have just watched it. It has always been one of my favourite films and I remember when first seeing it I was blown away at the simply stunning perfect beauty of Sean Young. Hadn't seen her in anything else and was gobsmacked.

The score, the cast, the atmospheric grimy futuristic setting and the backdrops. A classic. The sequel is going to have to go some to be even half as good.

I got my certificate without a cabinet. Wasn't an issue. However I'm lucky that I'm in North Yorkshire. Got myself a safe a few months later. They came out and checked it and job sorted.

From what I've read, filming starts in 2016 and will be a prequel. I hope it lives up to the hype - the original is one of my all time favourite films.

Edited by aris

Read somewhere there is to be a sequel so ratched out the 1982 original and have just watched it. It has always been one of my favourite films and I remember when first seeing it I was blown away at the simply stunning perfect beauty of Sean Young. Hadn't seen her in anything else and was gobsmacked.

The score, the cast, the atmospheric grimy futuristic setting and the backdrops. A classic. The sequel is going to have to go some to be even half as good.

Hey Scully regarding Sean Young I think that she had a part in the Pet Detective with Jim Carrey. I think see played an American football player (male) and through a gender change, only in the film I hasten to say, and a female police detective. I recall towards the end of the film Jim tries to prove a point a disrobes her right down to her undies and she is still a cracking gal all these years on. Actually the film is on tonight at 7.20 on channel 5. Darran.

Hey Scully regarding Sean Young I think that she had a part in the Pet Detective with Jim Carrey. I think see played an American football player (male) and through a gender change, only in the film I hasten to say, and a female police detective. I recall towards the end of the film Jim tries to prove a point a disrobes her right down to her undies and she is still a cracking gal all these years on. Actually the film is on tonight at 7.20 on channel 5. Darran.

You're right, she did. Thanks for the heads up.

I think she went off the rails some time ago but i may still be in with a chance; we are the same age.

Edited by Scully

love Bladerunner - have done for many years it was the 1st DVD I bought when they came out and I've lost track of the number of copies of thesoundtrack I've had - last one was a 3 disc set from the 30th anniversary edition of the movie which the missus bought for me one birthday

Personally I reckon they should leave it alone as its almost certain to be awful, if they have an idea for a story - make it a new one don't murder a classic!

Hope it will not rely on CGI. Watched 2001 again recently and was amazed at how well the special effects had stood the test of time .

To many films now rely on CGI and they are amazingly good but there is no wow factor any more .

Philip K **** stories have been the basis of several films and I will be interested to see if the unresolved questions of Dekker are explored more thoroughly or will it just be more simulants verses cops and chases /shot outs ?