Lidls night vision.

il cacciatore

Mine works a treat, just been waiting for the hotter weather to be able to sit out one night with it after fox's/rabbits.

I bought the mag adapter aswell which has increased my vision for identifcation, i also bought a IR adapter to fit onto my tracer max pro which also increases the vision out to around 100-150 yards.

I think without these adaptions its pretty basic, but spend an extra £40 and its something extra special.

Alex

If i remember rightly, to actually see a rabbit, max 50-70yrds basic unit. I took it out, the basic unit with my mate and the shottie n shot 2 at a clear range of 50yrds, one can see further than this with it, but cant see a rabbit clearly past 60-70yrds.

Adapted, im not really sure... id say 100-150, i can see the IR light from the tracer max out to 150yrds, but whether id be able to make out a rabbit at those distances im not too sure as the mag of the nightvision itself lets it down, i have yet to get out with it actually after a rabbit or fox. I dare say a fox could be seen quite easily though with my kit.

+ with a moonlit night, or a clear night, the night vision works even better.

I need to get out with it one night properly

Alex

For anyone who missed it the first time, they have it in from the 5th of April. :/

Bresser:

50mm focal length

44mm objective length

Mag 3.1x

Infra-red illuminator.

:D

Thanks for the info'. I actually bought one the 1st time they were on sale. I tried it out in work one night, viewing woodland around 50 yards. Not bad, although there was not much illumination of the IR. I have just purchased a IR sheet which, I have been told, will convert an 'ordinary' lamp into a IR. I might buy another night vision form Lidl and try it out with the lamp/IR sheet. I took the 1st one back and told them it was no good. they refunded my money because of their sales policy.

regards,

STEVE

You'd be the first to ask for more detail in one of my posts John! I always knew you Irish boys were different! :/

The standard unit suffers a bit because of the magnification, as has been said if you can source the 5x eyepiece this will make a world of difference. Do keep in mind though the field of view will be reduced if you do that...

It lights up fox eyes just the same as rabbit, any animal which shows up under a regular lamp should show up just fine - I have personally only seen rabbit and fox (and a cat, I think).

The built in IR is only good to about 50-60yds max for shining up eyes. Recognition of a rabbit or fox's shape would probably be limited to about 50yds with the built in, it very much depends on how much ambient light there is around as well.

Put a filter on your regular foxing lamp and its a different story. You have to line up the beam with the line of the NV which can be a bit of a pain in terms of handling the unit and lamp - but you would be able to spot rabbit or charlie out to 150yds+ with a good strong lamp. I use a deben tracer max pro with their IR filter and it is awesome.

With the home made IR "cannon" SS and I were following eyes at well over 250yds - it was a fox but we couldn't have been certain at that range.

With this setup you can see the outline of rabbit to about 100 yds, but that's pushing it - the level of detail a gen1 tube gives lets it down here. I would guess the 5x eyepiece would make a massive difference here.

Hope this helps!

what about 2 mounted onto headgear to create goggles? or are they a little cumbersome for that?

allot depends how big your head is :/:D

no def too big for headgear :/

intended to use mine last night but farmer locked his gates. So whent down the pub instead :D

A fine plan - with a removable filter for the lap you wouldn't need to carry 2, but I know you want to punish yourself so I won't say anything :oops:

:P:lol::lol::lol:

Aha no! See I'll use a more powerful lamp for the IR than I use gun mounted. Having two lamp set-ups in that static situation removes the messing around I reckon. Could scare him off with any noise removing filters.