Guy Martin racing in the TT races.....WOW!!!!!

Archie-fox

I like guy martin I think he is great, he just seems to never get it right on race day and all goes to pot,I don't know if he puts to much pressure on himself but hope he gets there soon. I do think he has slightly "sold out" to the media tho what with all his TV shows, to say he sleeps in his transit van because he doesn't want to be associated with the big teams at the TT, but then is all over the telly some what contradicts itself to say the least! Money talks tho.........

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he chases money as such,

He does things that genuinely interest him and I think that shows through,

He is reported to have said he wasn't interested in presenting Top Gear as it wasn't his "thing"

I also agree that he puts too much pressure on himself at the TT as his time is running out.

:shaun:

I don't think he chases money as such,

He does things that genuinely interest him and I think that shows through,

He is reported to have said he wasn't interested in presenting Top Gear as it wasn't his "thing"

I also agree that he puts too much pressure on himself at the TT as his time is running out.

:shaun:

He has done some great shows however, I suppose when you get the chance your going to take it.

In some ways I hope he doesn't win because he has said that when he does he will knock the TT on the head and that would be a shame!

Everyone wrote john mcguiness off last year when he bust his wrist, but there still plenty off life left in him, he is the boy I hope he gets the seniors on Friday!!

Love the TT. Went for years and eventually got my chance and rode the circuit a few years back on an Aprilia RSV1000. My average over the mountain section was a shade over 105mph with over 155mph on the mountain mile, and at those speeds, it was scary as hell, especially towards Veranda where an overheating rear damper unit caused a serious weave when cranked over at 147mph (that nearly ended it for me). I was a good 30mph down on what these tops guys can do. Hats off to them and hats off to Guy. Most of the TT riders compared with other motorsports stars are humble, down to earth and don't make a fortune unlike the playboys of F1 because money/power/corruption hasn't been allowed to ruin the sport. John McGuinness was as humnle and down to earth as you like when we got a chance to have a word with him at Bungalow after his fireblade conked out due to a 10p electrical component failure a few years back. They're mostly approachable, highly courageous and self effacing and deserve a medal for just taking part....that or medication!

Edited by Savhmr