19 members have voted

1. 1. have you booked?

• booked for North west
    • Waiting for North East

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, bounce again. When is Baker Boy back.

Off to thin a wood today. Chainsaw sharpened. Lots of logs for winter '16//'17.

David.

Back now, for a few days and then away again middle of next week.

Catching up with BASC to see how things are going.

Thanks for all the hard work you and Loiusgarrulus are putting in to keep this Course at the fore front of everyone's attention

We have had a few drop outs on this Course and the numbers are now standing at 6.

This would make the course totally unviable.

I really need to get the numbers up to 12 or I will have to pull the course, this is something I really do not want to do,and omething I have never had to do in the past.

We needed a partnership from Pigeon Watch and BASC members to ensure the course was viable and sadly this has not happened .

Fingers crossed we will get a late surge,

Many thanks to Kalahari, Loriusgurrulus and Victorismyhero

Bakerboy has put a lot of work into getting this day at Marford Mill, if we have to cancel I would say logistically we will struggle to arrange the chance again.

He has also worked to get the deals from A1 and Eley, Chris Green has also lent us some of his decoys to check out.( that's all I have sorted)

here's hoping we get more takers!

I will be there on the day with Bakerboy but he has done all the arranging, if it does get cancelled,,,, Thanks for your efforts Bakerboy!

Flycoy

6 is shocking. I thought there would have been a fair few more than that.

I, at this moment, can't say ya or na as to whether or not I can attend. I've put the request in for the Saturday off but will not hear until the week after next if it's been approved (I'm contracted to work so many Saturdays a year and have booked a lot of for the game season).

I'm hoping to be able to attend as it would be great to catch up with old pals and meet new ones.

Hope you get a final flurry to in prove numbers.

All the best

SABS.

while working on the BASC coaching line at the CLA, a guy came up to me that I thought I recognised, shook my hand and told me he had been on this course with me.

he said " I just wanted to thank you for your advice on the course, I opened up the gap between my decoys, like you suggested and have had the my best day yet decoying!".

that's why Bakerboy and I run them, so get booked in and maybe we can help you too!

Flycoy

Over the past couple of years, Flycoy and I have run many Introduction To Woodpigeon Shooting Course, and have had many positive comments.

That is not to say we are the best but we do try to deliver as many options and suggestions on how to best undertake decoying.

We listen to everything that is said or written and Pigeon Watch and it's many knowledgeable and experienced members has been a fabulous source of information.

BASC was more than willing to help as much as they possibly could, opening up the Offices for our use on a Saturday, supporting a superb offer on Cartridges plus much more.

This was not an ego trip for me, but a chance to pull something together that had been asked for by our fellow members.

I am a never say never person, in saying that I sit here optimistically still expecting to be at Rossett on the 5th September delivering a course with Flycoy that we know will be beneficial to all that attend.