Big bag and a car crash

Topgunners

Well, talk about an eventful day.

We arrived early this morning at a farm where the farmer had said a lot of crows were hitting the field where he was feeding the cattle by spreading seed in piles on the grass. A large flock lifted from the field and we setup straight away. We shot 35 crows and then it just dried up. We left the dead crows as requested and then decided to move on to the farm we had shot 3 foxes on last week.

On the way there I had just stopped the jeep by the side of the road , when there is an almighty BANG!!!! as a motorbike crashed into the back of my jeep. All I saw was a leather-clad biker running up the side of my jeep and starts shouting and screaming at me through the window.

I'm out of the truck in a flash, as I'm not getting a slap through my window sitting down. I don't think he expected a big ****a like me to get out. He still carries on ranting that I had hit him. ???? *** .

He gets on his phone and within 2 minutes a white top-of-the-range , personal plated mercedes pulls up. A man and woman gets out of the motor and the woman starts screaming all sorts of abuse at me telling me to admit liability, pay for the damage etc etc or she will call the police.

Then the old man comes up aggressively into my face and tells me not to talk to his wife and son like that. Through gritted teeth I advised him very strongly to get back in his motor.

I'm not losing my ticket for a knob like him. .

The police came and she started on them," check his details, breathalyse him. His jeep is illegal because he can't see out of the back window because it's crammed to the roof" etc etc.

Anyway, the copper soon put her in her place and then she started to scream at him that she was going to report him. Absolute nutter.

They told me to carry on my way and go home.

NO WAY!!!!! , Shoooooooting to do. lol

i arrived at the next farm in minutes and met up with the other 2 lads and we set up on some cut grass for the crows. We had the best day of banter in many a year. Some top shots, stupid misses and **** taking galore.

And a top bag of 147 blackies, 2 pigeons on top of the 35 earlier for a

total bag of 184 birds.

Top Day

Who's Andy Crow? lol

Just going to pop out for a mooch for an hour or two now.

munty2%20victoria%20farm_zpsqcrqrqiw.jpg

me%20and%20al%20victoria2_zpschd0zg5p.jp

al%20and%20lugs%20victoria%20farm_zps4af

Edited by Topgunners

Great day lads, so the damage from the collision didn't stop you shooting? Did you take his details as you may want the designer mud replace ?????

It sounds as if you had a great day and all that pent up aggression was cleansed from your body , well done for keeping your cool. I bet every crow had that woman's face on it???????

What a crazy incident and I think you were very wise to keep your cool, I know many that wouldn't in the same circumstances.

You do wonder the motivation of people like that, if nobody was hurt, what had they to gain from making such a scene ?

Another good result on the corvids, they do seem to be the quarry of choice at the moment. :good:

Thanks for all the comments. :good:

I bet every crow had that woman's face on it? ??????

you must be psychic bob. :lol:

IT DIDN'T PUT YOU OFF YOUR SHOOTING THAT'S THE MAIN THING.

As my Avatar says. Never give up. ;)

Edited by Topgunners