Looking for a first shotgun

wizzard83

Hi,

I have finally got my certificate through and I am looking for a good first shotgun, however, as ever funds are extremely limited. looking for something around the £300 mark really, or, if it is absolutely necessary, I have a Falcon FN12 PCP .177 multi shot air rifle, that I may consider swapping.

The shotgun: ideally I would like an over/under, single trigger, ejector, multi choke, however I realise this is asking a lot for the price, and so am thinking possibly Baikal or Revo. I am open to suggestions though so anything that you think may be of use to a beginner please do let me know.

I would like to keep the rifle if possible as it is a beautiful gun and fits me perfectly, but as I say, if it is necessary to get something perfect I will consider letting it go. it is a Falcon FN12 PCP .177 multi shot air rifle. it comes with 2x8 shot mags and 1x16 shot double mag, a Nikko Sterling Gameking 3.5-10 x 44 illuminated scope, a sling strap and a filling bottle. pictures can be provided if required.

please do reply and let me know what you have, or any advice (yes, I know I should be looking to spend more but unfortunately that is just not an option so please don't tell me that!).

Thanks for your help, and I hope to see you out on the line soon.

Alex

Semi Auto jam1e? I have though about it. you seem to get more for your money. maybe that is the way to go,, although I do prefer an O/U

Sorry Wizzard, yes a semi-auto. You can pick up a nice one for around £300.

Don't sell the FN12.....I did and regretted it

I'd look for a Lanber or Baikal which you will easily find in as new condition at that price, don't get hung up on multi choke and ejectors, much easier to pick the cartridges out and put them in the bin. Concentrate on hitting the bird before worrying about choke.

I bought an old fixed choke Lanber for £140 off Ed years ago, it's still going and my only shotgun! Great in the field and breaks the clays when i do my part.

Edited by Livefast123

thanks livefast, I'm starting to realise that now to be honest.

it has kind of dawned on me that even if I do have the options I will probably not know how to use them anyway!

Oz said 1/4 and half so if no-one else has any other ideas I will look for that to start... or even maybe a semi auto.