Urban foxes

Scully

I must see over a hundred every night, driving a taxi around London, especially at the moment with all the cubs playing silly ******* on the road as they've not learned to be wary of vehicles.

I like to see the cubs, as they can be amusing, but the numbers seem to be growing, and I feel sure that the future will hold a cull of some kind, as they are getting bolder, and there have already been stories of kids being gnawed on by Charlie.

Does amuse me when one runs through our garden when the cocker spaniel is out there ,she's a little scaredycat normally ,but when she sees a fox she doesn't bark, just goes for them, silently, and with genuine intent. I've told my wife not to worry, that the foxes will run rather than fight a dog,but that doesn't stop her grabbing a double bitted throwing axe and storming out there issuing vile threats - she's a little cute primary school teacher, but at those moments, all she'd need is a (very) curvaceous breastplate and a horned helmet and she could be ushering the fallen into valhalla! Needless to say, dog hasn't caught one yet, as they see my missus coming, and are GONE.

loads of them on my estate in Orpington drive me and the dog mad

I delivered a letter to all my neighbours regarding them as one idiot is feeding them chicken legs my problem is they are dropping them or burying them in my garden and three times my lab has found them once I grabbed it off of her the other twice she has swallowed them whole before I got to her as of yet none of my neighbours has fessed up cull the damn lot of them and the foxes

loads of them on my estate in Orpington drive me and the dog mad

I delivered a letter to all my neighbours regarding them as one idiot is feeding them chicken legs my problem is they are dropping them or burying them in my garden and three times my lab has found them once I grabbed it off of her the other twice she has swallowed them whole before I got to her as of yet none of my neighbours has fessed up cull the damn lot of them and the foxes

Agreed, my neighbour drops chicken bones and fish bones outside his house on some grass, right where I walk the dog to the park, and she pulls something awful to get to them - feed the things in your own garden, ok,but not where my dog can swallow the leavings and get sick

Edited by tx4cabbie

in the Croydon area there is a golf course where part of the planning consent was on condition they install artificial badger setts.Brock decided to do a diy build in the woods so charlie moved in. At the time I had a collie who despised foxes more than he loved rounding up sheep. I lost count of the number he nailed there

in the Croydon area there is a golf course where part of the planning consent was on condition they install artificial badger setts.Brock decided to do a diy build in the woods so charlie moved in. At the time I had a collie who despised foxes more than he loved rounding up sheep. I lost count of the number he nailed there

A couple of years ago I was working in Croyden and stayed at the Aerodrome Hotel. Used to pop out to have a smoke and usually saw a fox or two in the carpark. Then one night having finished early and arriving back at the hotel at around 6:30am there were about half a dozen foxes wandering round the central reservation of the main road. There was quite a bit of traffic even at that time and the foxes didn`t seem at all bothered.

We live within half a mile of farm land and have had urban foxes around here for the 30 or so years I have lived here. Got a family of them living under my shed at the moment. Vixen and 3 cubs. Some neighbours feed them and others don't. I forbad HID from putting out food for them. Can't shoot them as it ain't a safe shot.

There is something special though, standing at the open door looking at a wild animal not 20 yds from you and they are not concerned. They see no danger, but they are getting a little more nervous of man.