Crows in your pigeon decoy pattern

Guest GeorgeH

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Put Crows Into Your Decoy Pattern ?

• YES
    • NO

I sometimes put crow decoys amongst my pigeon decoys i usually put them to the side of the main pattern not to close to the pigeon decoys. I don't always use them as sometimes i find it can actually put the pigeons off so sometimes i'll put them out but then have to take them in again but other times it actually seems to encourage the pigeons in with a bit more confidence, i think it must make the pattern look more natural,and obviously it brings the odd crow over. I find it works best when crows and pigeons often feed together where i'm decoying

• 4 weeks later...

Allway's Allway's

I usualy put them well behind the deek's and have noticed that the pidgeon seem to come to the pattern with more confidence

You know how it is you shoot one crow and two more come to the wake! :good:

crow's fly all day long and as we know pigeon have a siesta to digest what they have plundered SO they help to keep you alert ha ha :good:

GO FOR IT G2g

• 3 weeks later...
Was just wondering if you lot do or not. I have done before but not always. Also if you do where do you put them and why ?

GH :good:

TRY using some Magpies in a tree on the highest branchs where they can be seen by the in coming pigeons. I do this as well as crows off to one side and find it works well.