land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and we see you lurking word O war, you should be opening up your own account, X2 new land rover threads at once, how exciting :good::good::good::good:

ditchie will be getting the mastic and rubber mask out, and putting his rubber gloves on :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by viking

so, as the car team or the personal transport unit, part of NOVA seem to have lost/misplaced my ******* log book so i cant send it off to DVLA to register it, so more delays,

once again there is no mad rush to get the last few jobs finished, but had a couple of hours in the garaged this aft.

didnt really want to put any pictures up today as they look rubbish and make bonni look bad, but what the hell.

so after putting the hardura in and realised there is to much sound proofing, rather than pipping it all out iv just done some trimming to make it fit better, around the seat base it has a nice piped finished edge so needed that to sit flush, and it wouldnt of done if id not of trimmed it, not put the hardura in yet

post-9513-0-54771900-1497192982_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-82544700-1497193003_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-62465200-1497193025_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

and was going along nicely with the door trims until i broke my last 3mm drill bit, i was being so careful too, there has been plenty of messing with these to get them to fit properly, so there as good as there going to get, on the drivers side the hole where the lock for the window goes it wasnt big enough so had to make that bigger, the other side was ok :good::good:

post-9513-0-79608300-1497193519_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-66739500-1497193531_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-45316500-1497193539_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

called DVLA today to ask them what to do about NOVA losing/ miss placing my logbook, they said it shouldnt matter, and to just send my paperwork in, and i should hear confirmation within about 10 days, and a new logbook and UK reg in about 4-6 week, i wont hold my breath, not till i get some kind of confirmation anyway

rite, im half way through putting the hardura in the front, only thing is it doesnt cover the footwells, so iv bought some proper mats for the front,even though because of the sound deadening im having to cut them up a bit to get thm to fit, but my question is, do i lay my rubber mats straight on to the sound deadening, or should i put some carpet down, then the mats :hmm:

Edited by viking

rite, im half way through putting the hardura in the front, only thing is it doesnt cover the footwells, so iv bought some proper mats for the front,even though because of the sound deadening im having to cut them up a bit to get thm to fit, but my question is, do i lay mu rubber mates straight on to the sound deadening, or should i put some carpet down, than the mats :hmm:

Is this some dodgy thing you and Ditchy are getting up to in yer van, you will never sell it if someone finds out you've had your rubber mates rolling about the footwells. :no::lol:

Is this some dodgy thing you and Ditchy are getting up to in yer van, you will never sell it if someone finds out you've had your rubber mates rolling about the footwells. :no::lol:

just read that back, think i was having a stroke when i wrote that, i really must check before i post,

any you mind your own business as to what me and ditchie get up to :whistling::whistling:

just read that back, think i was having a stroke when i wrote that, i really must check before i post,

any you mind your own business as to what me and ditchie get up to :whistling::whistling:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ......i just read that.....the english language can catch one out sometimes..

wish they would get on with the soft top rebuild...................lack of dedication there....pleasure must come before work or the wife........thats why "we" in norfolk always like to have a goat handy with gumboots

you were about to have another stroke and grace pushed your hand away.... :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by ditchman