land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

had a little tinker with the door top after work, first i thought ad take the top off and see if i had the rubber seal between the door top and door, dont think i did, had a bit of a lip on that id had on the inside, so turned it round and put the top back on and tightened it up again, looked a bit better, will need to still bend it over a bit more, probably only about 4-5mm out now, if only there was someone on here who knew what to do and explain where im going wrong ;)

Edited by viking

had a little tinker with the door top after work, first i thought ad take the top off and see if i had the rubber seal between the door top and door, dont think i did, had a bit of a pil on that id had on the inside, so turned it round and put the top back on and tightened it up again, looked a bit better, will need to still bend it over a bit more, probably only about 4-5mm out now, if only there was someone on here who knew what to do and explain where im going wrong ;)

JESUS WEPT..............i give up

right.........................

the door is made up of 2 sections...ok ?.....the top section...when closed is NOT ANCHORED.....the bottom section is ..ok ? (at the door lock)

in comparison the top section is quite heavy for its size and over the years of driving ...with hard suspension....the top section tends to bend OUTWARDS as it is not anchored

you can rectify this in 2 ways

1. run another thin peice of rubber bead on the underside of the exsisting new seal....situate the bead to the outside...then bolt up and it will draw the top half of the door in...
  2. take the top part of the door off...remove seal and put back the bolts ...dont fully tighten them....and CAREFULLY BEND/PULL THE TOP PART OF THE DOOR DOWN....do it bit by bit....it only needs a bit ...then put the seal in...the right way around and bolt up and check................

see how you get on... :good::good:

there aint nothin simple about you....you are just playin' easy to get :lol: yew are groomin me....i know your sort

when you pull the top part of the door in sit in the seat and put your knee up under the join to brace it then take the top part of the frame and just pull slowly and release ...pull slowly and release.....

looking at the pics it is nearly there anyway... :good:

I remember driving a 110 from the South Coast to a guy in Scotland - He wanted it driving instead of trailer or low loader (which would have been cheaper i am sure)

Anyhow after a few miles we pulled into a retail park off the motorway - bought a battery powered boom box, some string and some packing tape

We proceeded to tie the radio at head hight so we could hear it and tape the passenger door up to stop the draught and the top section rattling before we both went even deafer than we were.

We also wore seat belts all the way due to the passenger door popping open as my mate was reclining against it prepping for a doze!

Them were the days