land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and to top it all off, got a text today from barclays bank, after seeing all this PPI rubbish on the tv and what not i thought i had a loan from the bank probably 15 or more years ago, so rang gladstone brooks, they sent me a form to fill out, 6 week ago, got an email 3 week ago to say they had wrote to barclays to see if i had been mis sold payment protection, so it was just a wait and see, the text said, we have now paid the refund on your PPI claim, you should receive it in the next 10 days, i was thinking £100-£200 max maybe, so i thought id check my bank balance, turns out im £739.34 richer :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

how glad am i that i bothered to do it, will be interesting to see what part of that is interest,as the code for it on my account is PPi & INT refund

and to top it all off, got a text today from barclays bank, after seeing all this PPI rubbish on the tv and what not i thought i had a loan from the bank probably 15 or more years ago, so rang gladstone brooks, they sent me a form to fill out, 6 week ago, got an email 3 week ago to say they had wrote to barclays to see if i had been mis sold payment protection, so it was just a wait and see, the text said, we have now paid the refund on your PPI claim, you should receive it in the next 10 days, i was thinking £100-£200 max maybe, so i thought id check my bank balance, turns out im £739.34 richer :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

how glad am i that i bothered to do it, will be interesting to see what part of that is interest,as the code for it on my account is PPi & INT refund

NOooooooooo

You should have approached the Bank directly, it's really easy and they do the rest.

Would be interested to know how much Gladstone took ???? Our payout from Barclays was considerably more than yours on what was originally a loan for a car.

Did they give you a breakdown of the 'Costs' / 'Fees'?

NOooooooooo

You should have approached the Bank directly, it's really easy and they do the rest.

Would be interested to know how much Gladstone took ???? Our payout from Barclays was considerably more than yours on what was originally a loan for a car.

Did they give you a breakdown of the 'Costs' / 'Fees'?

to late im afraid mate, already done and dusted,

so the breakdown is.....the refund was £502, 8% interest £295. thats £797, odd as i only got £739 in my bank, also had an email from gladstone brooks, saying there fees are to be paid out of this, 25% plus VAT, £239, ill need to email them to see why the total they say and the total i got is different,,

Having been a secret stalker of this fantastic thread for some time now I thought I would offer my congratulations so far on an absolutely fantastic build and supporting thread. Also amazed at the generosity of some of the guys on here.

thanks stu, im glad your enjoying the progress, and you are right about the generosity of others, but i wont go on about that as were bordering on the side of "gay" with that :lol::lol::good::good:

Edited by viking

busy busy day today, up early for work, then straight into the garage for a couple of hours with the thought of getting the rest of my carpet cut and stuck in, didnt seem to get much done before it was shooting time, so it was an afternoon and evening spent in the garage, well, until now, now for someone who has never done anything like this before iv very pleased with myself, and with the carpet i had i had no room for error, one mistake it it would of all been over and the exmoor carpet would of been used, had to take galv cappings off as i wanted it up behind them as in y eyes there wasnt enough room underneath them where it curved over the top for it to be able to stick, and the back lights out as they were in the way, plus its going to have a RUBBER mat in the back.

its not quite finished yet as i ran out of blades so i need a new one just to do a tidy up, but over all im a happy chappy :good::good::good:

post-9513-0-02370800-1474744071_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-06057800-1474744078_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-17968000-1474744110_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-27415300-1474744120_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-93088400-1474744150_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-94147200-1474744169_thumb.jpg