land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I now that I said that I did not go much on the brown colour but I have to admit you have made a really smashing job of rebuilding it as has been said before if it was my truck after putting all of that loving care into it I would be frightened to take it out on to the road where some fool could bump into it or scratch it.

I recall looking at your chassis when it arrived wondering if it was the right size. It seems a long time ago.

The project is a credit to you and to the people who have given help and advice.

i to recall that day Gordon, running into the garage with a tape measure in my hand :lol::lol:

as iv said before it really has been a PW project :good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

I now that I said that I did not go much on the brown colour but I have to admit you have made a really smashing job of rebuilding it as has been said before if it was my truck after putting all of that loving care into it I would be frightened to take it out on to the road where some fool could bump into it or scratch it.

cheers mate, even i think at the moment its not great looking, but i know the county stripes will finish it off a treat, and i wont be doing to much driving in it :good::good:

dont fret girls im here and freeeeeee........................

(looking at bala's excavation bucket....proberly going to use it for planting daffodils ....lazy swine.. :lol: )

i like to see all this engine and stuff.....mechanical things.........all this clean windows and body work and colour ...is very much "la-di-da gunner graham" stuff for me.....smoke and fire and noise.....thats what i want.......first thing on a sunday morning after 10 pints and a Vindaloo.....much more exciting..and satisfying.. :lol::lol:

Edited by ditchman

also put the rubber door seals on, the top halfs anyway, all of them were a couple of inch to big so had to cut them down, measured them and was just about to cut them and remembered id should check the holes lined up, good job i checked as it was 1 inch off the top and bottom, could of been a nightmare :good::good:

post-9513-0-54808400-1482076454_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-49467000-1482076478_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-57184400-1482076519_thumb.jpg