land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They wasnt the plastic ones i hope

it was the fly mesh behind the air con vents :lol:

Was it cash with a receipt or cash in his sky rocket?

cash with receipt, he made it sound like it was a back hander when he said he cant do anything as it was cash,

im going to email him and politely explain that im not having it, and to keep all correspondence to emails so i have a record of whats been said :good::good:

think so, only i had no idea what could or couldnt be galvanised, i was chucking alsorts in the box :lol:

must be why they melted, but as the manager said they shouldnt of been dipped and they should of been pulled out :no:

on a lighter note, done a bit of spraying and cleaning tonight,

post-9513-0-85655700-1464117503_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-45691400-1464117510_thumb.jpg

then i got the dash out to see how it all goes, might have to get the bottom bit re-covered as it looks a bit raggy, i also think there a few bits missing but im sure they will be a bout somewhere,

thought id also sit the clocks in place :good::good:

post-9513-0-86514300-1464118082_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-87035500-1464118089_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-47724800-1464118139_thumb.jpg

think i need a new bit of plastic where the clocks fit in, one of the screw holes has snapped off which would explain why it had a tie round it,

that should be fun trying to find one of them, and i need a new dash tray

Try this to repair it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Q-BOND-QB2-ULTRA-STRONG-ADHESIVE-AND-FILLER-REPAIRS-IN-TEN-SECONDS-/371636921089?hash=item5687496301:g:YAIAAOSw0vBUfZTQ

not teaching you to suck eggs.................filter housing..........did you remove with a pick the "o" rings in the top housing before fitting new ones ?............often i have come across a leaking filter and found it has more o rings than is needed cause the other ones have been left in situ before adding the new ones

sorry im board .............. :lol::lol: .............(you can tell me to get lost )

i dont have the screw bit or the other bit of plastic so i dont think it would help mate, or did you mean to just glue it in?

You can use it to build up the piece missing.

Q BOND can be used just as an adhesive or with the reinforcing powders that will help you to repair almost anything.

Included in the kit you will receive....

2 X 10ml Adhesive

1 X Black Powder

1 X Grey Powder

Black Powder to repair.....Bumpers, Grills, Radiators, Motorcycle Fairings, Electrical Switches, Door Handle Clips, Distributor Caps And Many More........

Grey Aluminium Powder to repair......Grey Surfaces, Engine surfaces upto 180 Centigrade, Computers, Carburettors, Wheel Trims And Many More..........

Resistant to Petrol Oil and Diesel.

Resistant to Antifreeze and Transmission fluids.

i dont even know what that is, are you pulling my plonker :hmm::hmm:

you wally....................."we come in peace ...shoot to kill"........"klingons on the starboard bow"..........."life not as we know it jim"..........