land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

careful when you buy "plasi-coat"............that you buy the right one.....plasi-coat do a "high temp" spray...for very hot engineering parts.....you spray it on...it looks like powder coat then it melts and sets when it gets to 300deg's..........

........the cans look very similar

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw one of them earlier on some site when i was looking for some vinyl off, whats the crack with them then?

lee

They remove the decals but leave your paint unharmed. I think it must be to do with heat and friction. I used it on my Porsche a while back to remove the old decals from the rear and they came off in no time.

From experience,

Mount the bulkhead onto chassis if you can to fit new post/bottom bracket,

it's very easy to get it to narrow or out of square.

will do thanks.

just ordered new galvi chassis today, should be about a week.

get another bulkhead ............

most i see for sale are worse than mine, apart from the few easy fixes the rest is solid :good:

Edited by viking

You can buy a new galvanised bulk head for £500

no im not having that, cheapest i ever saw when looking was £900 with a long long wait.

but i know you will prove me wrong :good:

and i know it will be better but by the time mines done and looking like new it will of cost around £150, so alot cheaper than a new one,

cost wise i could do with keeping it down, but not at the expense of cutting any corners.

please be ready for my next post of "i stand corrected" :lol:

thinking of getting new leaf springs for the s3, first i was going to then my mate said they were ok, the front ones had started to separate a little on the bottom leaf, he suggested taking them apart going over them with a wire wheel on the grinder or shot blasting, then painting them, seems like a fair bit of bother to me so i think iv decided to buy new, my question is, leaf springs or parabolic? iv also heard that new springs will probably make it sit higher, a lad i know did his series 3 up in his garage that it only just went in height wise, when he had finished it he had to let the tyres down to get it out.

any thoughts are most welcome,

thanks.

lee

dont know what the configution is ...maybe a shackle has parted or even missing..........the leaves are either bolted together or hot rivet...undo them or grind them off loose the shackles then seperate the leaves and check and clean them as you said...and replace as needed......

whatever you do on one spring you must do to the other as you will end up lopsided..............

Edited by ditchman