land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I confess I never quite understood how radiator blinds work... I may be being thick, but surely if the coolant temperature is below that at which the thermostat is set to open, the 'stat will remain closed, so it doesn't make any difference how much air is rushing through the fins of the rad; there is no coolant moving through the rad to be cooled, other than the tiny flow through the jiggle valve. The coolant is surely just being pumped through the heater (I use the term advisedly with Series L-Rs). So the only cooling taking place is through the heater...

Mike.

PS I have some Series wheel bearings, genuine L-R swivel-hub grease and possibly some other bits and bobs in the depths of my garage. If either you or ditchman are interested I will go man-cave diving , see what I have and list it with a price, so as to conform to forum rules.

M

dont seem to be getting much done at the moment, primed one of the axles but the other still needs stripping down as the shot blasting discovered a very small hole in it so there is no doubt so shot in it somewhere, chassis should be here in a week or 2 tops, got my T wash,primer and chassis paint, nut and bolt kit came today and although it will look more whan its unpacked i thought there would be more for £700.

still got a lot of sanding to do, need to get cracked on with it as i feel im lagging.

post-9513-0-91302600-1447431028_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-35945300-1447431036_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-26014000-1447431064_thumb.jpg

post-9513-0-42443200-1447431073_thumb.jpg

Single line usually means from the brake cylinder one pipe to each front brake and one pipe along to chassis where the pipe splits at a T junction on te rear axle to each rear wheel.

They are usually quite straight forward to change but make sure you have the absolute corect spanner size for the joints otherwise you will round the nuts.

Also - getting the flex hose unions undone from chassis to rear axle is a right sod. I cut mine off at the fixing bolt anf repalced the bracket as well as the flex hose and a new T piece, much quicker and easier.