land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Media... Examples would be sand, grit, walnut shell, bi carb, glass bead and so on, some are more abrasive than others.

Shot blasting is more for heavy stuff with thick corrosion

Costs not a clue! Depends on what you want to do and if it can fit in a booth

Ps if you're just removing paint then go for one of the least abrasive option!

yes its just for removing paint off my land rover panels, i will check with the bloke who blasted my bulkhead see what he thinks and uses, he charged £50 for my bulkhead so for my 2 roofs,bonnet,back door, front door bottom,seat box rear tub and 2 rear sides,will probably be £400-£500,

dual action, wouldnt even think about doing it by hand,, starting with 320 pads on and going to finish with 500

Good man should look a million dollars when finished. I picked up a truck cab for mine yesterday complete with rain gutters and tilt fixings. Problem is its Blue and Limestone so guess what I will be doing when i get a spare hour or two.

Good man should look a million dollars when finished. I picked up a truck cab for mine yesterday complete with rain gutters and tilt fixings. Problem is its Blue and Limestone so guess what I will be doing when i get a spare hour or two.

im looking for a 2nd hand set of soft top hoops for mine....................like bloody hens teeth !

Edited by ditchman

im looking for a 2nd hand set of soft top hoops for mine....................like bloody hens teeth !

Trouble with second hand hoops they all look bent to ****. Is it a full tilt and canvas you are after? Probably better off biting the bullet and buying a set from Exmoor Trim.

Trouble with second hand hoops they all look bent to ****. Is it a full tilt and canvas you are after? Probably better off biting the bullet and buying a set from Exmoor Trim.

hoops i can fettle and get back into shape and mend breaks.....then wip it up to yarmouth for galvanising at .40p/kilo.........tilt ..you are right will have to get a new one , which i would do anyway at £350.00...ugh !

is there anyway of finding out a little bit more about my s3, i know it recently came over from Guernsey but its had 3 owners from new so i just wondered how long each owner had had it and where its spent its life.

thanks.

lee

Edited by viking