Northern Ireland Firearms Certificate

Well an agreement has been made, in order to renew or get a certificate you will now be paying £98 instead of the supposedly £131 that was being lobbied for by the Department of justice.

Also a variation has went up to £30 instead of the £89 the D.O.J wanted.

Next year I will be applying for my first certificate under my own name, and with the pirces going up I hope that the system speeds up, if not I will be rather annoyed.

Shooting as a sport is definitely getting dearer, well from my point of view anyway.

Full article here.

http://basc.org.uk/blog/press-releases/latest-news/northern-irelands-leading-country-sports-organisations-reach-agreement-on-firearms-licensing-fees-and-the-banded-system/

Edited to say good work from BASC and other shooting associations glad that our membership money is being put to good usage

Edited by strangford wildfowler

New charges are to come in Nov / Dec. Let's just say I'm hoping for December!!

I've had an FAC here for 30 years. My first one cost £27 for 3 years.£9 per annum. The current one (30 years later) costs £50 for 5 years. £10 per annum. I'm not surprised they are putting it up. I'd rather they didn't but £20 per annum ain't extortionate.