Shooting in an indoor horse ring

geoffwales

Hi i may have an opportunity to help clear pigeons on an indoor parade ring, the roof height varies from 12-20mts high and looks to be made of modern insulated roof panels.

They have loads of pigeons on the metal beams going across but are concerned of a pellet going through their roof.

I shoot with a pcp .22 at 11.5 lbft. Am i in danger of going through ?

Geoff

Are you allowed to shoot them under a general licence inside a building, I assume there are no crops inside

The GL is for woodpigeons Chris, almost certainly the OP is on about feral pigeons which have no such protection, they can be shot regardless.

To the OP, as mentioned before pick your shots using girders or beams as backstops, you could also use flat head or wadcutter pellets. Be wary though, roofing sheets are expensive to replace and high angle shooting needs some practice if you haven't done it before. I suggest you find a suitable tree and do some target shooting at leaves at high angles to get a good idea of aim points.

It's likely you will go through if you miss. I shoot ferals inside warehouses quite regular and as timmytree has said the angles can be quite awkward sometimes so using the beams as backstops is good advice. Watch their movements and see if there's a lower risk opportunity of taking them outside of the building or if they go on the floor inside.