Service Providers

pavman

Just seeking the opinions of service providers;

In order to get a better deal I am reviewing my service providers at home, We both work full time and are out the house a lot so are not very active consumers. I pay £18 a month to AOL for internet, about £20 to BT for the phone and £20 odd to Sky for the TV family package, Sky have an offer for TV/Talk/Broadband but when I phoned It took 2 mins via 6 menu options to get some bird with very pigeon English who explained her system was updating and she could not help,,,, I hate call centres :drinks:

My question is are any of you on a good deal of combined services for TV/Phone/Broadband, and if so are you happy with the customer service?

Thanks pavman

The "techie" Forums recommend keeping away from the package offers, as the provider only concentrates on what is their main business (Sky=TV, Orange= mobile phone etc., ) and the Internet side falls by the wayside.

I am with Orange at the moment, via Freeserve and Wanadoo.

The Internet Provider help has deteriorated bigtime, since Orange took over.

Whoever you choose, make sure they have UK based Technical Service.

I'm on talk talk as well and have to say theres loads of bad press but they have made big steps to improve things. Personally only had one problem and got through to someone fine other than that its coming up a year and no other issues. I've gained broadband and saved money as the calls are included and with relatives in France and Germany BT was pretty expensive.

Talk talk are really poor, I remember last year when researching broadband for the missus family that I discoverd some research papers showing how amazingly poor talk talk was! BT is expensive but i must admit, compared to my tisacali net at home its a lot better. Tiscalli i have found are ok, not brill but cheap althou i know people who have had bad exps with them. The biggest problem with the new BT is the USELESS home hub! My friend works for BT he says they are shocking and my uncle is now on his 3rd in so many months.

Don't forget that unless you choose a cable provided service, or one of the LLU (local loop unbundled) services - all the providers are actually reselling you BT broadband.

Most broadband faults are not down to the service provider but BT, just worth keeping in mind.

I got conned a few years ago by talk talk when I was getting a new mobile phone, I signed the contract but apparently ticked a box as well to say I wanted to change from BT to talk talk.

The first I knew was a letter from BT saying they were sorry to be losing a customer.

It took blooming ages to get rid of them, BT were excellent about it all it took was a couple of minutes on the phone to egt back with them.

It took about 3 months to get rid of Talk Talk, Honestly if I wanted to speak to an Indian I would phone a company in India.

Just seeking the opinions of service providers;

In order to get a better deal I am reviewing my service providers at home, We both work full time and are out the house a lot so are not very active consumers. I pay £18 a month to AOL for internet, about £20 to BT for the phone and £20 odd to Sky for the TV family package, Sky have an offer for TV/Talk/Broadband but when I phoned It took 2 mins via 6 menu options to get some bird with very pigeon English who explained her system was updating and she could not help,,,, I hate call centres :drinks:

My question is are any of you on a good deal of combined services for TV/Phone/Broadband, and if so are you happy with the customer service?

Thanks pavman

having had several providors ,including aol, tiscali,ntl,

forget them all.

I have used bt for the last 18 months broadband and phone inclusive , they are also looking at some new

high tech stuff which no one else will have axcess to.

and now the bad news, you will virtually have to point your gun at a o l to get shut of them.BELIEVE ME.

mention stopping contract and they dissapear down the nearest burrow.

The actual service and deal is fantastic, but I have to agree the customer service is shocking. It took them 3 months to migrate me because the call handler's English (on each of the dozen or so times I called) was so poor. I bet their English is better than my Indian but I want to speak with someone English speaking!

The actual service and deal is fantastic, but I have to agree the customer service is shocking. It took them 3 months to migrate me because the call handler's English (on each of the dozen or so times I called) was so poor. I bet their English is better than my Indian but I want to speak with someone English speaking!

Bill, Ditto

I am sick to the back teeth of Cowboys and Indians, is there any list of companies that use UK call lines only???