Ditchman has lost it ..completly !

ditchman

Due to MALKISEROW's insistance...to stop this thread , and take a while to stop-think-and apreciate what 60 years of Landrover has done to the world....i have decieded to call a halt to this engine rebuild for the xmas break ......after all ....next year there will be no more defender production....so i think MALKISEROW is dead right in his advice

so from me and MALKISEROW....a very happy xmas.....and maybe see you in the new year... :yay::ernyha:

post-11401-0-77586300-1449046589_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG you've dripped candlewax into it - still, might help the inevitable oil leaks

done properly it wont leak...........the engine i have in now...is as clean as the day it was fiddled with 7 years ago and 68,000 miles later.............i have posted a pic of it earlier in this thread ...take a look........

Err, 70 years give or take a few months :good: And get rid of that britpart filter :yes: Used to have the local agency for them when they started to push their stuff, soon dropped it :yes: UJ's that last a week :no: Used to do a lot of competition LR's amongst others and Britpart just didn't make the grade, well below it in fact. :lol:

While on about parts anyone want to take a guess at how long a brand new set of pads on a 2ltr Suzuki can last in a big trial ? From brand new down to metal. (Brand name, not cheap ones) :hmm:

Edited by rodp

parts are a lottery sometimes...and i mean ALL parts....i just have to trust JSF that they are selling me stuff that works......they know more about it than i do..........there are some make of parts they will not stock as it is bad for buisness........good makes can let you down sometimes....bought a expensive fuel pump a while ago...Delphi....4 months it lasted...mind you JSF exchanged it no quibble...........

Apparently, Delphi is a relatively new company formed by GM ? Ricardo was the one I had in mind, or not . :lol: The name Delphi rings a distant bell though, from somewhere way back ??

cant google at the mo cause the speed here is so slow..............

Can't find anything, have come across the fact however that Cummins invented and patented the jake brake. I was produced by Jacobs, the chuck people, hence the Jake brake name. Didn't know Cummins patented it and didn't know it was the same Jacobs as the chucks.

They needn't have gone to all that trouble though, a simple walk around here would have given them enough retarders to last a lifetime :whistling:

Due to MALKISEROW's insistance...to stop this thread , and take a while to stop-think-and apreciate what 60 years of Landrover has done to the world....i have decieded to call a halt to this engine rebuild for the xmas break ......after all ....next year there will be no more defender production....so i think MALKISEROW is dead right in his advice

so from me and MALKISEROW....a very happy xmas.....and maybe see you in the new year... :yay::ernyha:

I haven't followed the whole of this thread and if im honest about it I haven't got a clue what I am looking at or what your talking about as far as engines go , but what I have noticed is how well you come over and how passionate you are when it comes to diesel and any other engines and I am sure you have made a lot of people happy who are interested in that sort of thing and by going by the posts you have got quite a following .

So as someone who only live down the road so to speak I would also like to wish you and your family a happy Christmas and I will look forward in seeing the end result when it up and running . Good luck and good health.